Chapala.com Webboard

locksmith question

My research on this board leads me to think that Herbierto Aragon is the go to locksmith in the area. Does he speak English? I have needs that may be too complicated for our limited Spanish. Does anyone have an alternative recommendation for English speaking locksmith with whom they have had good experience?

Depending on what you need done, I would suggest you call Rene Castañeda of Ixtlahuacan - he speaks great English, comes to the Ribera all the time and is the only locksmith I am comfortable using for things like rekeying locks.  Rene will always recommend Heriberto for complicated things.  You can reach Rene at 333 143 2352 or 331 341 9102 - both cell numbers.

• Like 1

Aragon and his sons are probably the best go to guys operating Lakeside.  They once duplicate an ignition key for my late model Ford and had all the equipment to program the chip in the replacement key as well as get into the CANBUS of the car to set it up.  I was very impressed, far less expensive than going to the stealerships..

• Like 2

Sr. Aragon is also a landmark of the area. A nice, warm, smart guy. He has seen it all. Once, a nasty landlady locked us out of our house during our exit move, with several large items still inside. I enlisted him to break into the locks (we still had time on our lease), and when the police came, we all had a nice pickup-truck ride to the jailhouse. Sr. Aragon could be seen having a Coke with a couple of the cops, leaning against the doorway, while a judge handed down a "cease and desist" to the landlady. I apologized to him, and he basically said "Meh." It wasn't the first time. Did I pay him extra? You bet.

We 2nd Bournemouths recommendation: Rene has rekeyed & duplicated many keys, installed new hardware & replace used equipment under his personal warranty, then if he is not busy he can drop you off at the airport. Very nice person, glad we know him & family!

Used Rene this week and he was most helpful. He fixed a lock that had been installed with some parts out of place, changed the combination of exterior locks and made new keys. He is fairly priced and very helpful as he explained a detail of my locks that no one else had done.

He also does rides to airport, Tequila and anywhere else you would lime. Highly recommend him.

• Like 1

Sr. Aragon does speak some English. We had our house locks re-keyed and he suffered thru my Spanish.  We went by the shop to have our car key duplicated and I heard him speaking English to another customer. I gave him a raised eyebrow and he gave me a grin.

• 4 years later...
On 9/11/2021 at 12:22 PM, ShaneHobbs said:

Google is the best place to find such locksmith experts in any location, why to search them here?

Because Google doesn't give actual experiences. Yes, there are reviews, but who writes them? Friends? Enemies? The owner? I use Google to get some names and then follow-up with folks that have actually used that person/facility.

On 9/13/2021 at 6:57 AM, Tingting said:

Because Google doesn't give actual experiences. Yes, there are reviews, but who writes them? Friends? Enemies? The owner? I use Google to get some names and then follow-up with folks that have actually used that person/facility.

Yes, you are responding to spam.  The spammer is no more here.