Chapala.com Webboard

Art supplies in SJC?

I need some large bottles of odorless paint thinner, some brushes and a couple of other things but was hoping not to have to go all the way into Ajijic to get what I need.  Is there a well stocked art supply store in SJC or Joco.  I did drop into Paper Max in Joco but found that they don't have much of anything in the way of art supplies.

13 hours ago, J.Miller said:

I need some large bottles of odorless paint thinner, some brushes and a couple of other things but was hoping not to have to go all the way into Ajijic to get what I need.  Is there a well stocked art supply store in SJC or Joco.  I did drop into Paper Max in Joco but found that they don't have much of anything in the way of art supplies.

Artsnob is correct about having everything in art supplies at Lumen in Guadalaja.  However, for the things you say you want right now, you can check out the art store on Marcos Castellanos in Ajijic (west of the big church and Plaza) or Salvador's, upstairs in Plaza Bugambilia (where El Torito is).  Salvador does custom canvas stretching and framing as well as having a supply of brushes and other art supplies.  Some of the papelerias carry a limited supply of art supplies.

Thanks Gringal; I usually shop at the places that you have mentioned and Salvador has stretched miles of custom sized canvas for me!  It is just about an hours drive to go into Ajijic from Roca Azul and I was hoping not to have to make the run.  But made the trip today and stocked up; I am going to locate Lumen though as I am sure that I would find lots of what I haven't found here which reminds me: does anyone sell yuple for watercolor here?

I am at my Casa in San Pedro Garza Garcia, will return July 4th to Ajijic, I would be willing to go to GDL with you next Thursday or Friday or next Sunday when there is less traffic...  Let me know, also if you are in Ajijic,stop and meet the artista who paint with me Tuesday and Wednesday 11 to 3  PM me and I will give you info on Location

Archived