Chapala.com Webboard

1/3 of trash trucks in service

HarryB

Message sent to Ajijic delegado - Apparently Chapala owns 15 garbage trucks. Only five are in service. Isn't it a no brainer to make changes at the municipal garage??????

Send copies to Chapala facebook page

2 hours ago, HarryB said:

I told you what to do. If you have pictures send them to the Presidente too. It is MINIMAL EFFORT! The only thing that affects them is numbers.

How does one send these pictures to the Presidente?  Through email?  If so, what email address should be used?

Emails are generally a waste of time, typically there has to be a face and handshake behind a name to get an email response. Print out the pictures, write a letter, deliver it to City Hall.

You know, another tip, Chapala Tree Service has the only tree chipper truck Lakeside, and it is a big one. He composts the greenery and wood chips and sells it for a very good price. Maybe they could private contract to grind some of this greenery into dust. It is a very noisy machine however.

If you feel strongly enough about it print whatever you have along with a letter,preferably in Spanish and take it upstairs. The receptionist in front of the Presidente's office speaks English and she has served 4 Presidentes. Gloria Perales's[presidential liason] office is to the left. She may or may not be there as she shares that office with Miguel Mendoza Anderson,Secretario General, both of who speak English.Both of them can decide if a meeting with el Presidente is warranted to be arranged Sending an e-mail is a waste of time.

emails are worthless. Pictures posted to facebook are embarrassing and defy the "everything is beautiful" image they try to represent. Remember it is all about tourists!

The question has been raised by others about retaliation.  With this bunch I could see it happening.  Maybe we should send our "candid camera" shots of the trash piling up all over Ajijic to amigos who are out of reach and who will put them up.  I'll wager that anyone here who uses facebook has non local friends on there as well.

Very sad when one has to think about things like this and it is a sad commentary on the local state of affairs as well.  We seem to have our own pint sized version of Veracruz here.

14 minutes ago, CHILLIN said:

Well - you have me convinced, I will never eat or buy anything again in Ajijic.

Well I will. Beats the stew out of the fair available elsewhere.

BTW, Veracruz cuisine is a whole lot better than Jalisco's. I am referring to Mexican food, not the exotic fare available in Ajijic.

Archived