Chapala.com Webboard

Welcome rainy season

pappysmarket

Unfortunately, concurrent with the rainy season comes pothole season as I found out this morning. How can they appear THAT fast?

Nothing from Dora in PV but we got a nice rain from the east an hour or so ago. Infrared indicates we may be in for some more tonight.

More potholes to follow.

Major deluge right now in PV. Incredible close lightning but so far only a power flicker.

When you can smell ozone you know it's close!

Not really.  It started and then was interrupted and has resumed weakly.  In the time we've been here I've noticed the season can have these interruptions in August but this is the first time I've seen the usually strong June rains so weak and intermittent.  We are on track for less than half the usual June rains as it stands now, not looking like a good start for July either.

The trade winds/monsoon trough are weak and further south this year.

• 2 weeks later...

My Grandpa gave me some good advice many years ago.  He said don't believe anything you hear or read, and only half of what you see. He failed to explain how to filter out the bad half.

Actually, weather became the new cash cow when researchers figured out that Gov would give them million$ to crank out negative data the Gov could then use to tax and control. It's been a comfy symbiotic relationship - until now, when the truth about the data is coming out and absolutely zero of the gloom and doom warnings of the last 20 years have come true. Weather is the most commonly discussed subject worldwide in all cultures, in part because it used to be nether political or religious?

Archived