Chapala.com Webboard

Automatic pool cleaner/robot

Hello,

I'm looking to purchase an automatic pool cleaner/robot. I'm interested if anyone here has one they're looking to sell, or can recommend a good shop in the Chapala/Ajijic area that has them on display or might know their stuff around these (haven't found as of yet with the 2 I tried in Ajijic).

Happy for any information, gracias :)

I thought this was a joke. So I went to Amazon and did a search here in the US. The first one listed is shown below and the costs are in US dollars. There were many different types, and many offers were for less robotic and therefore more economical prices

Sellerin Robotic Pool Cleaners

$1,097 00 $1,197.00Prime

More Buying Choices

My Mom used one in her pool starting almost 40 years ago; it was called a Creepy (or maybe Kreepy by brand). Best invention ever for keeping pools cleaned. Used the pool filtration pump for mobility; thus, was inexpensive to buy and cost nothing to operate.

We had a Polaris in Houston and everyone we knew had a nickname for theirs. Ours was Bubba. Come to think of it, there were probably more than a few Bubbas in Houston!

17 hours ago, pappysmarket said:

We had a Polaris in Houston and everyone we knew had a nickname for theirs. Ours was Bubba. Come to think of it, there were probably more than a few Bubbas in Houston!

We just called ours 'the pool monster'.  Our dog thought it was her job to make sure it stayed in the pool and would stalk it the entire time we had it running.

I think the reason they don't sell them here may have to do with the pool filters they use.  I'm guessing, but perhaps an automatic cleaner doesn't lend itself to sand filters?

3 hours ago, mtech1950 said:

recommend robotic with electrical power cord. the suction and pressure operated cleaners are not near as effective. probably have to buy nob

Deleted mistake. Certainly back home the topic never came up; it worked just fine.

i have a kreepy krauly type here, easily stalls,(quits articulating the small foot that drives it) easily gets stuck in a corner, hose tends to limit random travel. didn't want to spend the money for good robotic, won't make that mistake again. op you're welcome to try it out.....

I think the reason you do not see the robots here is economic. We have taught our gardener how to clean the pool. It takes him about 20 minutes to do it, so it costs about $1 in wages each time. At twice a week, it would take almost 10 years to pay for the robot. However, if you included the extra electrical costs, you would never pay for the robot. I am much happier to provide extra work here for the local population by using manual cleaning. 

Archived