Chapala.com Webboard

Telmex Static or Dynamic IP

Does Telmex have a static or dynamic IP adress? It's like my IP changes every hour or two then I need to recognfigure my entire set up. Any options available for a static IP? I have the Telmex 10 plan but on average get between 5-7 download

Pete, you are basically right, but.......

It will change if you disconnect or if TelMex drops out.

My lightning station and router never cut off but the IP has been changing recently so TelMex must be dropping out

1 hour ago, Bajabrady said:

Does Telmex have a static or dynamic IP adress? It's like my IP changes every hour or two then I need to recognfigure my entire set up. Any options available for a static IP? I have the Telmex 10 plan but on average get between 5-7 download

They use dynamic within a certain range.  It shouldn't be noticeable to your computer system

I figured it would change up after power outages. But recently it's been changing at least once if not more. I have a certain configuration that crashes if I'm not attached to address from before. So I need to set up the the configuration again. If I'm browsing it's not always noticeable. You might notice if you're  logging onto a website that wants you to verify again. The vpn I use definitely notices and jacks up my streaming.

Just curios. If it's dynamic that answers a lot of questions 

Static IP connections are only allowed for "business" connections with Telmex. So just the buyin alone is about 1,000 pesos per month. Then on from there. On top of that, Telmex "master technicians" doubt that a static connection will up your speed or reliability. This fibre optic in Chapala Haciendas is always steady and ready.

Yes, TelMex uses dynamic IP addresses assigned to your location. A typical "lease" is 7 days. However, changes at the Head Office or other parts of the network can cause a change. These should in no way affect anything on your end of the network, not even WiFi extenders or add-in routers, which rely on different information to stay connected.

What can be set by the user are the DNS addresses; these can be used to bypass TelMex's Dynamic Name Servers and potentially get your quicker access to websites on the Internet.

Bajabrady, there is no reason for you to have to change anything, so if you are experiencing Internet drops, it must be something else.

Maybe. I'm still thinking that if the IP address switches up. My vpn gets confused thus the DNS setting I use needs to be reset after I register the new IP address with the vpn. After I register the ip again then I'm up and running. I'm streaming broadcasts from NOB and seems touchy.

• 1 year later...

Hi.  I am an American citizen living in Mexico and have been trying to hook up some Samsung security cameras in a mom and pop neighborhood store.  The dynamic IP has been giving me problems.  I had it to where I could see the cameras on the smartphone, but only connected to his WiFi.  If I went to my house and used my WiFi,  no luck.  Does by chance anyone here know how to hook up the cameras and see them from anywhere, without buying the TelMex business account?  I've been trying for weeks to find a solution.  :-/  His model is the Samsung SDE-120N

Thanks!

Not being any kind of an expert in security cam setup, all I can say for sure is if using TelMex, you will have to pay extra for a static IP, if that is the problem... and it usually is. I am guessing the business account to which you refer.

You can use Telmex dynamic IP but  need to create an account on a dynamic DNS service like no-ip.com (free) and then activate the DDNS client on your Samsung NVR.   Then you need to forward the ports in your router to the camera.   What those ports are subject to some question.  Youll need to map at least port 80 to access the web interface of your DVR.  .  You may need others depending on software you´re using externally to view your cameras.   I suggest you map 8080 TCP external to 80 on your LAN.

I found this discussion of  on the web. 

Re: port forwarding samsung cameras

Device Port : Initially, <4520~4524> is set. It increases / decreases by 5.

- TCP: It has better stability and lower speed when compared to UDP, and recommended for internet
environments.
• UDP Port : Initially, <8000~8160> is set. It increases / decreases by 160.
• Unicast/Multicast : Select one between UDP-Unicast and UDP-Multicast.
If selected Multicast, Multicast IP and TTL are activated.
- UDP- Unicast : Transfers data packet to an individual client.
- UDP-Multicast : Allows data communication to multiple clients causing no additional traffic to the network.
• Multicast IP Address : User can directly input.
• Multicast TTL : Select from 0 ~ 255. Initial value for the TTL is set to <5>.
• HTTP Port : Enter the port number for the Web Viewer. Initially, it is set to <80>.
• Multi Browser Support : The Web Viewer can be used with a browser that supports the Silverlight.
The multi viewer can be used only if the HTTP port is set to 80, protocol type is TCP and device ports range
within 4505-4530.
This is for the Siliverlight's security purposes.

Tom