Chapala.com Webboard

Are dogs supposed to be on leashes on the Chapel hike?

I am trying to find out if dogs are supposed to be on leashes on the trail to the Chapel in Ajijic.

Today I had THREE different owners at different parts of the trail with their HUGE German Sheppards way ahead of them NOT on a leash. I have already been pushed over by a big dog requiring me have my busted lip looked at the clinic. I also had one dog jump on me. The trail is VERY narrow in parts and NO, I should not have to wait for you and your dog to pass without a leash and NO you can tell me 100 times "he is safe and will not hurt you." For those of us who have been frightened by a big dog approaching alone while we are alone on the trail (I cannot see you 100 yards back!) I really don't mind if you have an elephant with you, IF it is on a leash.  

The last encounter today ended with "You know me and that my dog is safe" then I got the " f--k you!"  I really enjoy the hike. I do understand you want to exercise your dogs with you but what about the narrow parts of the trail and the shock of having a dog dart out of nowhere towards me? What about ME? PLEASE put them on a leash! 

I am pretty sure that there are no such rules, regulations or laws. I live right next to where one of the trails to the Chapel begins and I often see people with their dogs. I don't ever remember seeing any dog on a leash.

As most laws and bylaws here ,they are suggestions but people that don't put their dogs on leashes should be whipped. they have no regard for their dog or fellow  humans . Think of what these out of control beasts could do to small children,other dogs on leashes and the old and infirm or even people that are the picture of health.OP, name the :() that told you  f@#%^ you. They don't deserve  to remain anonymous.

No. They must be able to run freely-it is cruel otherwise. Laws may try to restrict them but they won't be enforced so be prepared for loose animals or stay off the trails. When I walk my dogs I run into all kinds of dogs on the loose but I've never had a problem.

5 hours ago, cedros said:

No. They must be able to run freely.

My friends don't even walk their dogs anymore because  of dogs running freely. May a pitbull greet you one day in the way they are accustomed to and then tell us how you feel about that.

Archived