Chapala.com Webboard

Please ignore Art House rumors

• 2 months later...

The place does look closed and very run down. If they are in fact open, then they should advertise and perhaps have a sign outside which indicates whether open or closed.  We bought something there quite a while ago and were very pleased with their work.  However, a business is a business and they should improve their image.

I believe that Lupita is there Monday, Wednesday and Friday from ten until about six every week; they are NOT closed but she is often on her own and may possibly close briefly for lunch, errands or whatever.

She could help put rumors to rest by putting a sign on the door when she goes out briefly on errands saying when she will be back. Also, I would suggest no one just stop by but make an appointment. In my experience, this is not 100% effective but improves the odds she will be there.

I am not saying that she does go out briefly; it just occurs to me that she might.  I had my own business and lots of staff but once in awhile I would be in the shop alone and would have to nip out to the bank for change or next door to grab a coffee and yes I did leave a note on the door, just in case, but I always expected to be right back and it was tempting not to bother.  I agree that an appointment would be a good idea; I have never known Lupita to miss an appointment.

I have used them and been very satisfied. At first, I didn't get the system and they seeded closed whenever I went there. Finally found them to only be open on certain days and life was a dream afterwards.

northernnewbie: Exactly!  We are not in Kansas anymore and schedules Lakeside tend to be a bit loosey goosey and variable; it can be frustrating sometimes! :) 

Guest English Rose

I have had work done by Art House and have been pleased with the outcome. It took 8 visits to pick it up. I noted the hours and days but no one was there and it is a difficult place to find parking in that stretch of Hildago. They need to find a better system.

• 3 months later...
Hello everyone, 
I am very sorry to have caused you so much discomfort for my work schedule. 
The rumors that have been heard are not true. I was looking for a new location in Ajijic for a while. We are still in Chapala. 
Sometimes I arrive a little late for different situations. But there is always someone there who can help you. 
If you prefer you can call me before or come after 12 pm. to the Art House
We will try to give you a better service. 
I leave my phone and email so you can locate me. 
Our Office hours: Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 10.30 to 5-30. 
Happy new year for all .... Lupita 
(cel.333677-7832) (lupitacano@yahoo.com.mx)

Estimata Lupita. We have never met and we never will but I might be able to help you.  

1. Excuses don't work with many Gringos.

2. I as a Gringo never return to a business that should be open but is not.  It doesn't matter if the employee/owner left a sign on the door or his/her phone number.  Now if your shop is next door or close to my house it's different.  But if I have to drive there I have made an investment.

3. Most Gringos are not as forgiving as Mexicans.  We are from the land of service.

51% is a majority.  What should I know about Gringos or Mexicans?    

It might be better for Lupita if she learned, as a business person, that client/customer relationships are more important than assuming her clients are her friends and don't deserve client expectations. 

Many other posters mentioned she is unfaithful keeping her schedule.  Now she's paying the price.   I'm trying to help thank you very much..  

Archived