Chapala.com Webboard

Dental implant

I have three implants that were done four years ago by Dr. Haro. Can't remember the cost but everything still working well.

Costs and time needed are variable depending on what work needs to be done or whether a bone graft is needed. It is really worth it to sit in the driver's seat of all the Dentists to get a feel for your comfort zone and estimates.

Thanks to the Lakeside respondents who are always informative, forthcoming and willing to help. I should know more about the mechanics of this as I've done science editing for a perio guy for many years and even an implantologist.  I just don't like the idea of drilling into bone and then setting what amounts to a screw.  Sounds as messy as a hip replacement.  Anyway, I will take the advice of one member and just do a search, and thanks again to Lakeside members.

On 6/15/2017 at 8:22 PM, seoulguy said:

Thanks to the Lakeside respondents who are always informative, forthcoming and willing to help. I should know more about the mechanics of this as I've done science editing for a perio guy for many years and even an implantologist.  I just don't like the idea of drilling into bone and then setting what amounts to a screw.  Sounds as messy as a hip replacement.  Anyway, I will take the advice of one member and just do a search, and thanks again to Lakeside members.

If the spacing is adequate I understand you can go with a bridge instead.  I have the same feeling about this as you although my wife got one through Dr. Barrigan's office and so far so good.

" I just don't like the idea of drilling into bone and then setting what amounts to a screw.  Sounds as messy as a hip replacement. "

Seoulguy, not at all to 'make fun' at your comment, but technology moves us all forward... thank goodness.  We no longer have a need for an engineer in a caboose and pretty much no need for the passenger train itself; we no long have to live with mechanical brakes on automobiles and can even put air conditioning in them; and can even not only talk on a phone out in the boonies but surf the web there too.

Implants are not to be taken lightly (as in do your homework as to who you choose), but thank goodness they are available as they are revolutionizing dentistry. And just like with everything else, do your homework (as you are doing!).

Archived