Chapala.com Webboard

Dollar store in Walmart

If you enter the new store on the left just before you enter the main part of Walmart you will fiind everything priced at 17.9P or equivalent to $1.00 US.

They have a wide range of things from cleaning supplies, decorative items, towels, doggie clothes to kitchenware and gift bags.  The store definitely is not as large and interesting as an American or Canadian dollar store but it actually has some worthwhile goodies.  I actually found a few things I had looked for in the US and Canada and found them there.

The aisles are very tight if you try to use a shopping cart.  Get a basket.

7 hours ago, bournemouth said:

The little store has its own checkout.

Yes, but most of the time, there is no one there.  Easier to gather your purchases before you go into Walmart, then pay for them inside.

On 6/15/2017 at 11:50 PM, bdmowers said:

Yes, but most of the time, there is no one there.  Easier to gather your purchases before you go into Walmart, then pay for them inside.

we walked in after shopping inside and the cashier left. we had to have her paged in order to purchase our items. she didn't seem to care that there were potential customers/thieves in the shop or whether she kept us and others waiting. guess we shouldn't have expected anything more from walmart customer service...

It might be more effective to write directly to Walmart Mexico corporate. I have written to them several times and have seen changes as a result. All of the products in the "dollar store" came from the shelves inside-so those products are not available in the main store. It's a marketing ploy and one which may well backfire. I wanted to buy window cleaner on my way out but had the 3 female cashiers, who were having a gossip fest, tell me to go back inside (where there were long lines) as they had no key for the cash register. When I looked inside I could see the new manager doling out hot coffee and rolls to about 2 dozen employees. I have written to complain and am hopeful that some of you will do the same to ensure improved customer service-if that's possible.

4 hours ago, cafemediterraneo said:

we walked in after shopping inside and the cashier left. we had to have her paged in order to purchase our items. she didn't seem to care that there were potential customers/thieves in the shop or whether she kept us and others waiting. guess we shouldn't have expected anything more from walmart customer service...

Right, that`s why I said it is best to gather your items from the dollar store before you go into Walmart, get your things from inside then go to an inside register.  

21 hours ago, bezerk said:

so you get your things in the dollar store and then just tell them you will pay inside? 

That will work best I guess.

If there is someone at the dollar store register ready to checkout your items, you can pay there. The problem is, most of the time there is no one at the register.  In any event, you can pay for your dollar store items inside.

On ‎6‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 8:00 AM, cafemediterraneo said:

Also most of the time  you get what you pay for. A drink bottle with a straw 1.79p   Straw doesn't fit.  I guess this is the merchandise that is " slightly " damaged.

On ‎6‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 8:35 PM, Newjersey expat said:

Also most of the time  you get what you pay for. A drink bottle with a straw 1.79p   Straw doesn't fit.  I guess this is the merchandise that is " slightly " damaged.

Who cares?  The sun is shining.

20 minutes ago, ComputerGuy said:

I can't even begin to fathom how people can find fault with a place that charges 99 cents for everything, let alone argue about it in public.

Hahaha

You know very well the answer to your question.

Archived