Chapala.com Webboard

Internet Speed (again)

Ferret

I just confirmed with Mexico that the speed has nothing to do with the plan.

I also confirmed that in my area , near riobravo/zula the best I can expect is 2.9

I get 1.4.....I am calling your man

I also was told that Riberas has the best reception.

I just confirmed with Mexico that the speed has nothing to do with the plan.

That's only because they are technically incapable of providing assurances. That doesn't stop them from advertising that the speed is connected to the plan. I'm willing to bet my speed would drop if I went from the $599 to the $389 plan. (Talking only about Internet speed here, not other attributes of the paquetes.)

https://contrata.telmex.com/conexion-internet

I just went from 599 to 399 and the speed is the same lousy speed. I did ask In Ajijic why they were advertising different speeds for different plans, they told me that it was a national advertising and that does not apply in  Ajijic.... They also say that all they could offer in Ajijic was a max of 2 . for the houses, more for businesses. 

I asked why some of my friends were getting 8 and 9 in Ajijic  and they told me that it was because they were close to San Antonio than I was... They also said that Riberas was on different equipment.

I asked about Villa Nova and Las Salvias and they told me they did not know....

I just moved to Telecable.  They have a promotion of 300 pesos for 3 months of TV and Internet or 330 including telephine.. going up to 500 or 530 on the 4th month. .. I figure that with what we are getting from Telmex it could hardly get worse...

Yes that sounds familiar... I think it is because we are at the end of the line... I will have bothe too so we will see...

In Chiapas telmex is even worst.. and the cell phone has no signal on my street.. I am going to switch to Mega cable there.. 

Please notice that OOKLA says that I'm  2150 miles from the Guadalajara server. I did the test from Seattle to a server in Guadalajara. If I do a test from Seattle to a closer server I would get via wifi

6380252637.png

Wired I get

6380257915.png

I tested a Guadalajara  server. Getting that fast says that Guadalajara at least has the ability to provide us lakeside with much faster service, It's just that the bandwidth between the lake and Guadalajara sucks. Sorry if my post seems not to relate to this discussion.

Wow, very good. Since the installation of the new infrastructure, the highest I'd seen there is just under 10. And that is making a lot of residents very, very happy. And it should help sell more houses out there. Your results show great promise for everyone else. Although I have to say, there are still folks who haven't seen any speed improvement yet over the 1.5-2.2 from before, so they think we are all nuts.

Archived