Chapala.com Webboard

Hey Harry can you please let us know what story the Ajijic delegado and presidente are spouting as to why we can't get the bulbs in the street lamps replaced in Ajijic when repeated requests have been made over the last three plus weeks. Will it take someone being mugged on a black street one night or someone falling into one of the potholes since the street is so dark to get any  response.

Thanks.  Glad you are back.

We have a street light in La Canacinta that has been flashing on and off all night for many weeks now. I've personally filed a request with CFE 3 times in person at City Hall in Chapala, and the guy who runs our condo has filed a complaint 3 times also. 

I live in Riberas where, within two blocks of my home, at least a dozen lights are out.  Two different Mexican neighbours called, about a month apart.  The first call: she was told that they would be visiting the area within a week.  (She had a map which she gave to the correct department.)  The second and third calls: the truck that they use is broken and besides, they have no lights.  The last call was about five weeks ago.

Those in Ajijic can call or visit their Delegado and ask him directly. Mexicans hate to say no. He speaks english.

Ribeas doesn't have a delegado. You have to hunt down members of the town council and ask them to intervene. After all they are the ones who approve all expenditures. 

Also remember you have a community Liaison Gloria Perales. What does she say about your problems? Call her at the municipal offices

Harry I spoke to the woman in the Ajijic office who calls in the need to replace bulbs.  So did my neighbor.  Others have called or gone in.  It is a waste of time.  Ajijic gives the money and Chapala uses it for themselves.  We are being totally ignored.

The wooden bridges on the malecon are falling apart and are dangerous.  Nothing is being repaired. Talking to Gloria Perales and Chuni Medeles is worthless. They have no power.

1 hour ago, Metuchenmama said:

The wooden bridges on the malecon are falling apart and are dangerous.  Nothing is being repaired. Gloria Perales and Chuni are worthless.

Yes but look at all those happy cronies of the Presidente on our muncipio payroll now.  Doesn't that make you feel warm and fuzzy?

11 hours ago, pappysmarket said:

I think they are waiting for you guys to buy bulbs and pay someone to replace them.

Seriously.

Pappys nailed it.  

Unfortunately this community has been an enabler for this very bad government by spending its own money and efforts to provide that which this community should be getting as a matter of course.  I'm as guilty as the rest in this matter.  It took getting out to a lot of not dissimilar places in Mexico, some very nearby, to realize that the level of services being received here is a joke and atypical among communities of this type.

Basically, our municipio has been looted and the left over scraps largely spent on Chapala.  I've had more than a few Mexican friends point out that we expats are being used shamelessly in this way but it took this trash situation and the revelation that the City Hall Payroll has grown by 50 percent while the workers disappeared and the trash trucks fell apart to drive the point home.

On 6/14/2017 at 5:12 PM, HarryB said:

Those in Ajijic can call or visit their Delegado and ask him directly. Mexicans hate to say no. He speaks english.

Ribeas doesn't have a delegado. You have to hunt down members of the town council and ask them to intervene. After all they are the ones who approve all expenditures. 

Also remember you have a community Liaison Gloria Perales. What does she say about your problems? Call her at the municipal offices

What are the emails and/or phone numbers for the Ajijic Delegado (Chuni) and the community Liaison (Gloria Perales)?  

Gloria Perales can be reached by  calling the main Chapala number. She may or may not give you her cell. Her sec'ty does not speak English. She used to go to the Ajijic Delegado every Friday. I don't know if she still does but she is the only "official" community liason for both Mexican and foreign persons and If you wish an audience with El Presidente, she is the one to contact unless you already have a relationship with El Presidente or other high ranking officials or politicians. Oh and she has a facebook page.

Archived