Chapala.com Webboard

Anita's Animals - Suggestion for Transition Team

Is there anyone out there who has a camera and can go to Anitas and take photos and bio each one of the dogs that are there?  It would be very helpful for our community to know exactly what dogs are that are in need of homes.  I think if we all pull together we can possibly find alot of these pups homes.  But without pictures or information, Anitas Animals are the last to be taken as we all know they are not being advertised or very well cared for.   Anybody have a good quality camera who could do this?

Holy cow! Anita has dedicated her life to animal rescue, in whatever way she could. She was not a rich lady, but she never turned away a dog or cat that I know of. Anyone criticizing her should be taking stock of their own unselfishness first.

Everyone directly involded with Anita in any way, over the years, has provided money, food, bedding, fostering... all kinds of things to help in what is almost a no-win situation. That includes veterinary care when necessary, and when possible.

Agree with Justathought - please don't pass on fake news - mexico libel laws are tough - and many of us are tired of hiring unsubstantiated negative comments about the shelter- such as - " But without pictures or information, Anitas Animals are the last to be taken as we all know they are not being advertised or very well cared for." unless of course the transition team has decided not to feed them or take care of them - and I would assume that is not true either.

12 minutes ago, ComputerGuy said:

Holy cow! Anita has dedicated her life to animal rescue, in whatever way she could. She was not a rich lady, but she never turned away a dog or cat that I know of. Anyone criticizing her should be taking stock of their own unselfishness first.

Everyone directly involded with Anita in any way, over the years, has provided money, food, bedding, fostering... all kinds of things to help in what is almost a no-win situation. That includes veterinary care when necessary, and when possible.

Thank you Computer guy and Mad Max. The OP just didn't sit well with me .  I was taken aback by what was posted.  

And do agree on the need to take pictures - however, the ability to take a good picture of a dog/cat is more important than the quality of the camera.  hopefully the transition team did get the history of the long timers when they decided to take over - that is - in the transition to the transition team.  As I recall when I took pictures there, some were Anita's pets and not for adoption, and a few were just old timers that had been around for ages.  I would guess that her pets - assuming there still were some - are now to be moved to the general adoptable population.

And- the ability to take interesting pictures of the animals - cats and dogs is important - and does take some skill.  What no one wants to see is top down pictures of the of the top of the cat or dog's head - which some first timers tend to do.

Taking photos and posting them to a website, and maintaining that website as the animals come and go, would be a full-time job. I haven't visited the location for a couple of years now, but the number of animals was overwhelming.

Generally a photo, name and maybe brief description - age or size... - is all that's needed. A little thumbnail photo just to catch the potential adopter's eye. Anita had a pretty high turnover so weekly updates were necessary and it is a lot of work.

On behalf of the transition team we would love to have a volunteer step forward to take a picture and do a bio of each animal. We agree this is necessary for successful adoptions and is to be one of our next steps. Ideally we want a binder with this info at the Wednesday Tianguis and on the website. First things first though. We have a huge clean up tomorrow from 9-1 that needs to be done as well as vet checkups for every animal. We don't want to adopt out sick animals. We appreciate any efforts made on behalf of the animals. 

Archived