Chapala.com Webboard
hkrause

Ajijic Plant-In 2017?

Searched, but don't see any recent posts about the Plant-In. Are they having one this year? Hubby has stuff ready to donate.

Heather

The gardeners have been severely cut back due to financial problems in the municipality. I'll check with the delegado and report back

Thanks, Harry.  If there isn't one this year, no problem... we'll find somebody else to share them with. Wanted to give Ajijic first try, though.

See the thread just started on the "financial problems of the municipality" the revelation of a 50 percent increase in payroll of which should come as no surprise when understanding why said municipality can't make ends meet and BTW, do you see any of these extra "workers" out on the streets actually working?

Don't give away anything until I get an answer from the delegado. I went down to his office this am and he wasn't there. I'll call in the a.m.

Any news on this, Harry? We'd like to get rid of these plants this weekend, if possible. If there won't be a Plant-In, I want to offer them for sale to other folks. 

Thanks!

Chuni hasn't replied. There are gardeners working at the park and I see new plantings. I would take any viable plants to the gardeners bodega just west of the pier. 9 - 3 . Find a gardener to unload for you.