Chapala.com Webboard

dysfunctional YOUTUBE !

bruno

this all started a couple o' months back. presently, any YT video starts and runs for about

10 seconds before it begins an endless cycle of freezing , loading and continuing.

i have run the gauntlet of forums , fixes , and all to no avail.

is this a google problem ,a local problem , or a personal problem (!).

let me know if this is a common complaint , or what have you ?     TIA

It could be a slow Internet speed (check fast.com, anything below 3.0 is going to very difficult); could be your ethernet or WiFi drivers; could also be a slow computer, which has quite an effect on audio and video playback.

My only complaint with YouTube is I have screaming Alex Jones and his pseudo news Infowars popping up out of nowhere peddling his testosterone supplements every 5 minutes while he interrupts his guests every chance he gets. I guess I'll need to erase my viewing history to lose this cookie. 

Bruno, that is a slow internet connection, I'm up north right now where I have not 2.5 but 90 down. Now that is much faster than needed. just as 2.5 is slower than needed for many streaming efforts. In Mexico I have 9 to 10 MB/sec down by only 0.5 up but it is fast enough to do what you desire, You need to determine why your internet is so slow and determine if where you are located, faster internet  speed is possible.

3 hours ago, ComputerGuy said:

It could be a slow Internet speed (check fast.com, anything below 3.0 is going to very difficult); could be your ethernet or WiFi drivers; could also be a slow computer, which has quite an effect on audio and video playback.

can you explain slow computer. Is it cache memory or processor speed or both? Would 8mh cache be enough for slow speeds?

In general, those technical specs don't mean much in the "real world" that you deal with on a computer. As a computer ages, Windows gets slower and slower, for a number of reasons. Three or four years is the most we can expect a Windows PC to function at top speed. Then eventually it needs a complete refresh.

("cache" is measured in bytes, usually Megabytes (MB) these days. "Hertz" is usually defined as "megahertz", and is a speed measurement. So your memory cache would be in MB.)

1 hour ago, Bajabrady said:

My only complaint with YouTube is I have screaming Alex Jones and his pseudo news Infowars popping up out of nowhere peddling his testosterone supplements every 5 minutes while he interrupts his guests every chance he gets. I guess I'll need to erase my viewing history to lose this cookie. 

I laughed so hard  , I almost fell off my chair!!!!!!   

using the Ookla  speed test i get a 4.5 but the graphic directly below the sweep indicator

shows grande fluctuations. a friend tells me this would also appear as static on my phone line and is a telmex problem. comments anyone , before i engage ?

Archived