Chapala.com Webboard

Dialing tutorial please

Denise

I need help dialing numbers, it is sooooooo confusing. 

I am keeping my American number and cell phone service ( I need to). How do I do the following: 

a. Call a Mexican landline ( I was told to dial 011 52 1 then the number- doesn't work) 

b. Call a Mexican cell phone ( I was told to dial 011 52 then the 10 digit number - doesn't work) 

My cell plan includes a specific service that applies to Mexico, so I have the service.

We have a Mexican landline. How do I do the following: 

a. Call a Mexican landline

b. Call a Mexican cell phone

c. Call an American cell phone

d. Call an American landline. 

Thanks Sonia,

This is great information, one little issue. When I go to the page the second photo (the one of the women talking on the cell phone) partially covers the information on cell phone to cell phone.

Again thanks for this concise "How To"

I managed to copy the text without the picture:

"Cell phone to cell phone in same city: Prefix: None              Call: 415-111-1111

Cell phone to cell phone in another city: Prefix: 045            Call: 045-322-111-1111

Cell phone to land line in the same town: Prefix: None        Call: 415-111-1111 or 111-1111

Cell phone to land line in another city: Prefix: 01                   Call: 415-111-1111

Note some places such as Mexico City depending on service provider such as TelMex will have 8 digits as the main number."

Archived