Chapala.com Webboard

WHAT'S WITH PERRY'S PIZZA??

gringal

Post by gringal Today at 6:32 pm

In need of Pizza tonight: Called; ordered veggie pizza. No delivery available. (What's pizza without delivery?)
Decided to pick it up. They said it would be ready in 15 minutes. (huh?) Arrived ten minutes later. Pizza already to go. (how can you make and cook a pizza in less than 10 minutes??) Wasn't even hot. Tough crust. Quality way down.
No Perry in sight.
What's happening?
Any suggestions for a better Pizza? I'm done with Perry.

Gringal--Whenever we ordered pizza from Perry's, I was always astonished that they were at our door in about 30 minutes. How could they do two pizzas plus delivery that fast? Well, they did--all the way from west Ajijic to us in Mirasol-- but I always used to wonder how they did it. . .The pizzas were fine.

Pappysmarket, they did charge 25 p for delivery. On top of that I felt the delivery person should be tipped and I did so. Perry's prices aren't cheap, so that made for an expensive take-out dinner.

This latest news is very interesting and it's too bad if he's having problems. He seemed so successful for such a long while.

We were there earlier in the week and Perry told us he had trouble with the delivery guy. Said he would go out without change and told him to always carry change. The straw that broke the camels back was early last week when the guy went to deliver a pizza without change. The purchaser only had a 500p. The delivery guy came back to Perrys with the pizza! Perry fired him,as he told him he always had to have change. Perry had a new pizza made and went to deliver it himself gratis with an apology. Sounds like the delivery guy was hoping for a HUGE tip! 

Personally we did not like Disco Pizza and thought the crust was worse than cardboard and the sauce tasteless. We will stick with Perrys and do pickup till he gets a new delivery person.

Our neighbor makes good pizzas for delivery only. he speaks english and his name is Chava, also known as El Chino, which means curly haired so of course he's bald. He lives near where perry's used to be...

Pizzas Ajijic El Chino

766-1450 or cel: 331-228-9392

Tues-Fri 3-10pm

Sat-Sun 12-?

Wednesday Specials 100p, Italian 150p(usually 180p) or with bacon 150p from 3-10pm

I don't think the delivery guy is Perry's basic problem.  It's the Pizza, which is nothing like it used to be.  The last three were very disappointing. Tough crust, yucky sauce and "ready to go" way before the limits of possibility.  Not even hot. Obviously sitting around a while in the fly-friendly environment.  Too bad.  I was rooting for him when he moved to his new location.

• 3 weeks later...

Ate lunch today at Perry's. Best kung pao chicken available within driving distance. All the pizzas on the tables to the left and right of me looked mighty fine.

I asked him about his knowledge of the forum's comments. He said he doesn't keep up with the scuttlebutt and anyway his large base of loyal customers would tell him to his face if they have a problem with the food or service. Then he did his signature laugh.

Well, we have been one of his loyal customers until we are no longer.  Pizza the other night was another one that was tasteless, little sauce and little cheese.  We had a few bites and threw it out.  I think that Perry knows very well that his pizza isn't up to par ... all you have to do is look at it before it goes out the door.

"Large base of loyal customers", eh? Good ol' Perry.

I would say that if you want Pizza Disco, do not have it delivered. The crust just cannot stand up to travel; it needs to be delivered fresh to your table. It's not a delivery-crust type pizza.

Actually CG, on our two delivered pizzas from Pizza Disco our complaint wasn't so much with the crust but with the watery thin sauce. And the small amount of cheese. And the fact that it wasn't sprinkled with parmesan, as the menu says all pizzas are. I respect the opinion of some of you who thought their pizzas were great, so I'm thinking this is shaping up to be one of those inconsistent places. Besides, a pizza crust that doesn't travel? Nah...

Darn.

Lexy

Ugh, hated Disco.  Thin, burnt and no sauce.   I may go back to Valencia Pizza because Perry too has gone the way of those who don't care!   Probably healthier if I just strike pizza, and bassa, of my list of food choices.

Pizza Disco was great. Their 9" pizzas at 75p are actually closer to 12', loaded. Crisp yet chewy crust, lots of toppings, sadly no fresh mozz that night. Got a strawberry shake for 50, and while tasty, won't spend that again, but hey... worth a try. Service with a smile by a newly hired gringa who is learning the ropes, but very helpful. Sauce was plentiful and not thin (got the regular marinara), and took half home. Which, by the way, cooked up nicely using the REHEAT function of my toaster oven. Limonada con agua mineral was 30p for a good-sized glass. Water also offered and taken. 150p for two bellies full of good pizza? Oh yeah. The best? Certainly not compared to my home town, but here is where I is at.

As for Perry's, I liked his because he is a more Norte Americano style than Valenciana and other local places. Still, I dig the local places... back home we would call them "gourmet pizzas" with their thin biscuit crusts. I just wished they like pizza sauce more... they reserve that for hot sauce toppings.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived