Chapala.com Webboard

Cryptohippie

Earl

I'm looking for a good location hider.  I have tried the free ones and the $5/mo ones such as Hide my A$$, and they don't work.  So I'm looking at Cryptohippie to hide my location . Their website says, "For Road Warrior accounts, most satellite connections will work given that they have a latency below 2 seconds (which is the case for Thurya and similar). Our CryptoRouters work much better with satellite, up to latencies of about 10 seconds and disconnects of up to 2 minutes. It is important that the connection allows full IP streams (many satellite connections are only allowing streams to their proxies)."   Does a Telmex internet connection allow full IP streams???

I hope when you say satellite you are not talking about internet via a satellite. You know Hughesnet. What do you mean via satellite? I guess I am a little slow, I do not understand what you mean.

2 hours ago, Earl said:

I'm looking for a good location hider.  I have tried the free ones and the $5/mo ones such as Hide my A$$, and they don't work.  So I'm looking at Cryptohippie to hide my location . Their website says, "For Road Warrior accounts, most satellite connections will work given that they have a latency below 2 seconds (which is the case for Thurya and similar). Our CryptoRouters work much better with satellite, up to latencies of about 10 seconds and disconnects of up to 2 minutes. It is important that the connection allows full IP streams (many satellite connections are only allowing streams to their proxies)."   Does a Telmex internet connection allow full IP streams???

Earl,

We have Cryptohippie and have used it for years.  We had it in Texas and works just as well here.

I didn't know about Cryptohippie until you mentioned it and looked it up. What a great corporate structure and diversification of jurisdictional and departmental control. I will definitely be looking into using them for the sensitive, intellectual property discussion side of my business. Thanks.

IMBurnen, are you recommending TOR?  All I need to know about TOR is that funding the TOR (The Onion Router) project 
is the US Defense Department and the US State Department.  Nuf said for me. 

Archived