Chapala.com Webboard

This has been a pain in the butt for me, but for CFE I can see that it was "smart."  I have noticed that new homes in my area (Riberas) are getting the old style meter.  My sense is that the smart meter plan didn't last long as when I stand in line at the machine (CFE itself being the only place I can pay) I rarely see another person with a card.

Does anyone know what the status is of that plan to convert meters to the digital ones that use the smart card?

CFE is not the only place you can pay. For a minimum charge you can pay at Oxxo, and other retailers.(you will find the info on the back of your bill.  Also you can register at the CFE website, where you can see your bill (before you receive the physical bill) and pay on line.

I put the smart card over my meter and then I have to go to the CFE office to pay.  I don't know the amount until the machine reads my card at CFE.  .  I asked when I was there, Is there any place other than here that I can pay this?  NO.  I don't get a paper bill, have no bar code, so their answer makes sense.

9 hours ago, Torontonian said:

I put the smart card over my meter and then I have to go to the CFE office to pay.  I don't know the amount until the machine reads my card at CFE.  .  I asked when I was there, Is there any place other than here that I can pay this?  NO.  I don't get a paper bill, have no bar code, so their answer makes sense.

we were suckered into this system about 2 years ago and were finally able to get it removed and a digital meter/ 2mo. billing cycle restored. they have a protocol at the CFE one thing required was a recent  cel phone photo of the meter...

In Chiapas they went through neighborhoods to install those smart cards meters starting with the center because in the north part of town that is indigenous  they were not allowed to enter by the peope, I joined in and refuse to let them rouch the meter..thank God since you have to be physically there, put the card over the meter to read it and go and pay when without the meter the bill goes to the bank and gets paid wether I am there or not.. I refused to let them change the meter and they finally gave up..thank God..

Archived