Chapala.com Webboard

Electric

Did you phone CFE at 071 and report the outage? Did you check with neighbours to make sure it isn't just you? Our electricity was off for over 14 hours last night. I always report outages as sometimes they seem quite surprised that it is out.

Sometimes power is off for a few days, although not as often as in prior years. Go to bed early and get some rest. Might be back by late morning or early afternoon, if not sooner. Two hours is really nothing if you learn to adapt to living here.

My upper aljiba can gravity feed my house. How? you ask. My property is on a steep hill and my underground Aljiba is about two stories higher than the first floor of my house.  I still need a pump though, to irrigate the small amount of land above and behind the Aljiba.

In my part of SAT lights went out at 11pm.tried 071 for nearly 30 minutes. all operators occupied apparently.!!

Surprisingly came back on around 12 am.

So seems they occasionaly do work at night.many times over the past five years here have had to wait upto 26 hours but depending of the time of power cut is normally between 4 and 8 hours.

The joys of living in mexico.

Same in Riberas. Went off several times around 11, for moments, then shut down completely for maybe 30+ minutes. And this is only the first half-decent rain... looking forward to getting my flashlights charged, and my lanterns in handy spots...

colliju - a lot of the older, larger homes in Brisas and Haciendas have outages to one side of the power line. This mean that power might be on in one part of the house, but not  the other. This is much more common than a complete outage, and thats what we experienced last night. Keep a long extension cord in case you have to plug your refrigerator into another part of the house.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/8/2017 at 8:09 PM, cedros said:

Did you phone CFE at 071 and report the outage? Did you check with neighbours to make sure it isn't just you? Our electricity was off for over 14 hours last night. I always report outages as sometimes they seem quite surprised that it is out.

071 0nly works from landlines not cells.  My land line phones need power . Any ideas how I can report ?

I keep an oldstyle phone handy that needs no electricity, for outages. Phone numbers I have used in years gone by: 765-2509, 2337, 2389, 2250. I know most people on the other end are working from their homes.

10 hours ago, Glenshiel said:

071 0nly works from landlines not cells.  My land line phones need power . Any ideas how I can report ?

One of my phones does not need power.

54 minutes ago, barcelonaman said:

071 will work on cel phone but occasionally i get a message saying number not obtainable. Try a few times.

Also i have a cheap plug in phone as well.

Wether cfe answers is a different matter !

C.G. do people answer these numbers late at night ? 

We called them Sunday morning at 071 and they answered quickly.  You can also report online at their website.  We had a brownout so were able to call and report online.  If your electric is out during normal working hours, you may want to contact the local CFE office in Chapala.  

Archived