Chapala.com Webboard

Auris Pastelleria

cafemediterraneo

I guess by the look of the tags that the OP put with the header, it's on Guadalupe Victoria #17A in Ajijic.

It certainly would be much more helpful if people would post this kind of information in the text of their post, not as a tag to the title!

Can anyone explain what the actual purpose of tags is?

i think it is a bad idea to put critical information in a tag instead of the post itself. Seems as many (most) of us never do not notice the tags. I saw this earlier and wondered why the location wasn't included. As usual, I never thought to look for it in a tag.

10 hours ago, Xena said:

Can anyone explain what the actual purpose of tags is?

i think it is a bad idea to put critical information in a tag instead of the post itself. Seems as many (most) of us never do not notice the tags. I saw this earlier and wondered why the location wasn't included. As usual, I never thought to look for it in a tag.

The purpose of the tag is to give you more info to help you make the decision to click on the topic. obviously some people wouldn't have any interest in a cake shop in Joco if they lived in Chapala and vica versa.  always look at the tab before i  click and i was extending the same courtesy....

I have not found these tags useful, and tend to neglect looking at them. One thing to note is that using the search function on this board will not return any tag hits.

And cafemed is correct: tags are like subtitles, to give you more info, but I personally would refrain from using them for important info.

Archived