Jump to content
Chapala.com Webboard

Chapala claims fame as Mexico's Number 1 Smart City


Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, ComputerGuy said:

Two weeks old, Michael, and I for one would like some discussion--at least-- when posting a link to a headline. We already get tons of news every day, and could post them all here.

My apologies. I am new here and posted it for conversation. I also would like some discussion. I do not know enough about the local gvt , etc to say that when I read it would take days to transfer 26gig to another system I scratched my head.  Again, my apologies to you and the other members of this board. The administrator can take this down. Thought I was trying to be helpful. Apparently not.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, michael2595 said:

My apologies. I am new here and posted it for conversation. I also would like some discussion. I do not know enough about the local gvt , etc to say that when I read it would take days to transfer 26gig to another system I scratched my head.  Again, my apologies to you and the other members of this board. The administrator can take this down. Thought I was trying to be helpful. Apparently not.

There is no rule that I know of about posting just a link but it is not appreciated by some of us. I can't actually verbalize why it annoys me, but it does. Maybe it just seems polite to offer something of your own thoughts before asking others for theirs. Also keep in mind that it is the beginning of June when many more of us are cranky and on edge from the heat. We'll all feel better once it rains.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, michael2595 said:

To the administrator please take down my post. !!!!! I seem to be offending people. Was not my intention.

I am certain that you didn't offend the majority of posters so let your post stand. There are more than 2 members on this board.

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think we all have learned from this. I know I was afraid to left click on a link that I do not know. It could have been one of those links one could go that would ask for more information and then freeze or lock your important files.

We all learn from our or the mistakes of others.

No big deal, now that I understand.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, El Saltos said:

I too would like to see some discussion on the rediculous claim made by Chapala.  Claiming a value of over $1 Million $US for a website that isn't complete? 

(edited to remove blatant political comment).

 

Yeah, interesting eh?  I wonder if we'll be able to post pictures of the trashy streets and piles of uncollected garbage on that website.

Probably not. :D

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1.5 million dollars to transfer 26GB ?... Is that what they are proud of? 

It's nice to have everything automated so you can pay things online (that's if they manage to train their staff to use a simple software which they probably will need 5 people to do the job of one data entry person in the west),

but 1.5 million dollars could have gone a long way fixing more immediate problems like maybe picking up the grabage they have piled up on the streets, or maybe fixing some of those "beautiful" roads. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Mainecoons said:

Yeah, interesting eh?  I wonder if we'll be able to post pictures of the trashy streets and piles of uncollected garbage on that website.

Probably not. :D

 

I was wondering the same thing!  The point is moot since the site isn't really operational.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, Crazydog said:

1.5 million dollars to transfer 26GB ?... Is that what they are proud of? 

It's nice to have everything automated so you can pay things online (that's if they manage to train their staff to use a simple software which they probably will need 5 people to do the job of one data entry person in the west),

but 1.5 million dollars could have gone a long way fixing more immediate problems like maybe picking up the grabage they have piled up on the streets, or maybe fixing some of those "beautiful" roads. 

The article said it was valued at $1.5 M but was provided at no cost to the local government.  I've got way more than 26GB of data on my laptop!  I can't imagine a website in Mexico costing more that 1 million pesos.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...