Chapala.com Webboard

New Costco find

tomgates

I have a nice, bushy pesto plant... er, uh, basil plant, but the price of pinenuts is prohibitive when inclinded to make my own pesto. Tiny bottles of the premade stuff are really expensive, too, so this will be a good thing (I will be trying a pesto sauce using walnuts instead of pinenuts).

A little tip on preservation of this fairly large container. There is a shop on the Carretera, lakeside, just west of Colon that sells a variety of plastic stuff. Get a sleeve of 2 oz plastic cups (1/4 c). I put the pesto in them, on a cookie sheet and put in the freezer and when frozen, put in a freezer zip-lock bag. This 2 oz portion will serve 2. This store also has the 4 oz cups if you like a larger portion.

4 hours ago, tomgates said:

A little tip on preservation of this fairly large container. There is a shop on the Carretera, lakeside, just west of Colon that sells a variety of plastic stuff. Get a sleeve of 2 oz plastic cups (1/4 c). I put the pesto in them, on a cookie sheet and put in the freezer and when frozen, put in a freezer zip-lock bag. This 2 oz portion will serve 2. This store also has the 4 oz cups if you like a larger portion.

Thanks for that great tip, tomgates!  I'll definitely have to check out that store.  Is it on the mountainside of the Carretera?

Archived