Chapala.com Webboard

Using my Mexican cell in Canada last summer, did not have to put a 1 in front of normal 10 digit number. Just dial as if you are calling from Canadian phone to Canadian phone.

But I have a question as well- Anyone have the experience of calling from Mex. cell to Mex. cell while BOTH parties are in Canada? I will be traveling to Canada soon with my Mex. 15 year old grandson and will need to be able to contact him, as we will not always be together on the trip.

Hey you are right mudgirl. I always put a 1 in front of the area code, I just tried it without the 1 and it also worked. You learn something new every day on this forum. Yet when I tried it on a landline up here it did not work unless I included the 1,  weird.

1 hour ago, mudgirl said:

Using my Mexican cell in Canada last summer, did not have to put a 1 in front of normal 10 digit number. Just dial as if you are calling from Canadian phone to Canadian phone.

But I have a question as well- Anyone have the experience of calling from Mex. cell to Mex. cell while BOTH parties are in Canada? I will be traveling to Canada soon with my Mex. 15 year old grandson and will need to be able to contact him, as we will not always be together on the trip.

My wife and I are in the US now, using our Amigo Sin Limite plans.  I found that we have to dial +52 1 and then the cell number to reach one another.  It's a bit cumbersome, but if you simply save the long number into your Favorites, it saves a lot of time.

Thanks for info Kevin K and JerryS.  Johanson- yes, I did know that when calling from a landline NOB to Mex. cell phone you have to insert that 1 after the 52. That indicates that is is a Mex. cell phone you're calling, rather than a landline.

Basically, what all this info tells me is that when we are NOB, our Mex.cell phones become as if they were US or Canadian cell phones and we dial accordingly.

Archived