Chapala.com Webboard

This should definitely help Mexican tourism and economy

1 hour ago, ezpz said:

There is a lot of animosity if not downright hatred of MX coming from the USA.  If they ask me why I was in MX and I say I live here, plus triggering the metal detector they might view that as suspicious.  I've heard bad things about US border guards and I would not want to expose myself to any trouble from them.  So i'll be happy just to travel around beautiful Mexico.

Wise move. Just stay in Mexico and then you won't have to worry about that downright hatred of MX from the USA. Que Bueno the same does not exist in Mexico toward extranjeros, no?

The whole thing is ludicrous anyway. As someone else pointed out, how many languages are they going to have to deal with? And do they have any idea how many social sites there are in the world of the Internet? And anyone with a plot scheming behind their eyes is not going to write down anything legitimate to begin with. Further, this could never be used as a screening tool, or no one would be able to get on a plane for weeks. And truly, is there a point to post-screening in this way? Nah.

38 minutes ago, ComputerGuy said:

The whole thing is ludicrous anyway. As someone else pointed out, how many languages are they going to have to deal with? And do they have any idea how many social sites there are in the world of the Internet? And anyone with a plot scheming behind their eyes is not going to write down anything legitimate to begin with. Further, this could never be used as a screening tool, or no one would be able to get on a plane for weeks. And truly, is there a point to post-screening in this way? Nah.

Yep and that is why getting all worked up about some half baked proposal is rather like having one's pain in advance.

The Internet drives governments crazy precisely because they really can't control it.  Thank goodness for that.

12 hours ago, betty7 said:

what computer guy is wrong about is: isis has online mags. they do write about up coming ideas. send out video warnings. these sites are in many languages. twitter accts message as well. mostly in arabic, sometimes other languages. cell phone texts are intercepted. thats how the bowling green attack was stopped. also the bus attack in rosalindale, mass. 

Um, sure, and the chances of Aalamgeer writing that down when he enters the U.S.?

Archived