Chapala.com Webboard

Mangoes Could Be the Secret Superfood to Improve Metabolism and Prevent Disease

After careful research, I have discovered that no matter what you eat or what quantities you eat, you eventually die.  Therefore, I eat whatever I want.

Every time, I find a doctor that bitches about my smoking, I ask "If I quit smoking will I become immortal?"  The answer is always "no", so I still smoke.

1 hour ago, Xena said:

There is no such thing as a superfood, secret or otherwise.

I must treat you to my spaghetti sauce, Xena. You will willingly change your statement... Not only is it the best in the world, but it will prevent all kinds of diseases and infirmities. And even if you don't believe that, what's the worst that could happen? You would have had a fabulous meal and someday, with a smile on your face in memory, pass along.

34 minutes ago, ComputerGuy said:

I must treat you to my spaghetti sauce, Xena. You will willingly change your statement... Not only is it the best in the world, but it will prevent all kinds of diseases and infirmities. And even if you don't believe that, what's the worst that could happen? You would have had a fabulous meal and someday, with a smile on your face in memory, pass along.

Will it cure my arthritis? :) I grew up on the east coast in an Italian neighborhood, so I know from excellent spaghetti sauce. 

It's all about eating as natural as possible with focus on fruits, veggies, light on the meats and fats. Smoke away, senor,I used to love it too. but i feel so much better without it. I have worked in health food stores. Think of the trends we've been through...goji berries, mangostein, noni, acai, on and on and on....yes. they are all good for you. eat away. the stuff has good benefits. but i agree with xena. there are no miracle foods.

That said, I do fill up my fridge with those things that help with blood pressure issues, and over time, and with consistency, i do notice a difference. If i went back to cigs, yup, right back on pharmaceuticals as well. The first thing nicotine does is raise the blood pressure. I'm not trying to judge smokers, as I know when i was likin' it, well, that was the thing i wanted to do, but no mas.

PS. Have a mango. They're yummy. Computer Guy, open a restaurant.Please..... It could be a cyber with spaghetti and meatballs..:)

Yeah, every 6 months there's some new "superfood" that we all should be eating to cure everything that ails us. My policy is eat real food, a variety, and not too much.

And I WISH nicotine would raise my blood pressure. Been smoking for 40 years (not proud of it and wanting to quit) and have had super low blood pressure all my life.

Archived