Chapala.com Webboard

Bancomer Account Blocked

Has anyone rec'd this message on log-in: Por su seguridad su contraseña ha sido bloqueada. For your security your password has been blocked.

We are NOB & have not experienced this before. We have been receiving numerous emails offering to issue us a credit card?

Appears they, BBVA do not like a copy paste of our Debit Card #. I manually entered each digit, it replied with request to use the "Random # Generator"

Did could not believe it but it came to life & popped out a # which I manually input. I'm in! Now that is security that is likely due in part to the new ip address NOB & my copy paste attempt.

I just had an online issue with them today and I am in Mexico, so may or may not have anything to do with your IP address NOB.

I went in to do an online transfer to pay my business taxes to SAT. I do this every 2 months and have never had a problem before. Today it allowed me to enter all the information up to the point of confirming the transaction, then locked up. On the phone for 20 minutes with web support staff. She told me I should use Google Chrome, which I do not have downloaded on my computer. Have always done these transactions in IE. I told her I did not have the data capability to download another browser (true) today, which is the due date for me to pay my taxes.

Finally, after conferring with her supervisor about 3 times, she gave me another way to get to a page where I could do this transaction.

Seems they change the way their website works in regards to browser acceptance without notifying their customers, nor is there anything on their home page telling us which browsers will work.

BBVA's website is so buggy and constantly changing.   A total disaster.  Half the time I cannot get in but Bingo having not changed anything I get in.  I finally broke down and called support.  The phone system there was so bad and the English speaking support guy had such a heavy accent I could not understand him.  It must be intentional the support is so bad. I am no expert but the advice he gave me so off base I finally just gave up.   Which may be their intent.

The email could be spam so pls be careful as someone is trying to get your password.

If truly blocked wait 24 hours and try to access.

At times access to your account can be blocked for some time period. Too many failed login attempts and trying to log in when another session is still active are 2 examples. Normally waiting 30 minutes resets the account.

If that doesn't work call (800) 112-2999 option 2 for English or 55-5002-3539 which is the English preferred account line.

Thanks all, I do keep an eye on the source code for unusual addresses via email, thats a given these days. My worry was the lack of contact numbers to call, if waiting it out failed to resolve an issue. These mx banks are no different in my option than any nob units here in Canada. Constant change, going live with poorly tested releases, no warnings for the most part. Although browser warnings are becoming far more common, takes me back to when the internet started? Now that was fun? The rapid changes of today's banking world like photo deposits would have seemed totally unrealistic back then. Tks for the numbers John.

Archived