Chapala.com Webboard

Looking for a paste to polish copper

Does anybody know of a good local product preferably a paste to polish copper with?  And where would I get it at in Chapala if possible?  Before checking all the ferreterias and cleaning stores and Beto's home store I thought I'd first ask here to see if I could get a good product name.  Thanks to all that answer !

When I was in the US Navy, we used ketchup to polish copper.  

For information on how to do this Google "ketchup copper"

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Why? Same reason I don't want to create a pizza from scratch at midnight. Same reason 98% of all products exist: a little less hassle in our day. But I will try the salt/lemon juice myself.

23 hours ago, ComputerGuy said:

Why? Same reason I don't want to create a pizza from scratch at midnight. Same reason 98% of all products exist: a little less hassle in our day. But I will try the salt/lemon juice myself.

Make sure that the salt is dissolved or it will scratch the surface. Copper is very soft.

On 5/31/2017 at 2:22 PM, ComputerGuy said:

Squeezing a lemon and throwing in some salt seems a lot less labor intensive than making a pizza from scratch. Probably takes less time than figuring out how to screw the top off the Brasso.

Thanks for all of the wonderful advice, but to be totally honest the copper is copper plates that will be connected to an electrical device, hence we wanted a dry paste to clean them.  For the past couple of years my mother has suffered from chronic fatigue and she came to the conclusion that she might have parasites causing the fatigue and she abhors taking pills.  She learned about a wonderful sounding but potentially controversial device called the parasite zapper.  Maybe it works maybe it doesn´t, but she is determined to try it.  Like the mosquito zapper that many of us now own, this device sends light electrical volts throughout the body with the intent to kill off internal parasites.  Yes, it sounds marvelous, I know.  If it works I will report back on this forum.  Thanks for all the advice.  We will try to find the Brasso tubes that are sold at Super Lake.

Archived