Chapala.com Webboard

TAI CHI CLASSES?

gringal

Tai Chi exercises are ideal for seniors, but it is best to have a group setting.  Has LCS considered setting up a class for this gentle but very effective way of getting and staying in good physical condition?  Several people I've talked to would sign up in a minute, including me.

• 7 months later...

Pleased to see your Inquiry. I just posted an Announcement a few days ago in this Chapala.com:Authentic Tai Chi/Pushing Hands coming to Chapala

I have been informed that there was/is a Tai Chi class at LCS. I am contacting them. I am greatly interested in affiliating with LCS, and offering a non-competitive Pushing Hands class...walking/rooting/standing exercises. 

On 1/25/2018 at 12:02 AM, Yin-Yang @ Chapala said:

Pleased to see your Inquiry. I just posted an Announcement a few days ago in this Chapala.com:Authentic Tai Chi/Pushing Hands coming to Chapala

I have been informed that there was/is a Tai Chi class at LCS. I am contacting them. I am greatly interested in affiliating with LCS, and offering a non-competitive Pushing Hands class...walking/rooting/standing exercises. 

As of a few months ago, a Tai Chi Chih class in the Gazebo was started, with Carol Wong as the teacher.  It's two hours on Fridays, from 10-12. I attend, as does my husband.  It's designed as a gentler form of Tai Chi, which is easier on an elderbody.  One can join the class at any time.  LCS membership is required, but there no charge for the class.

Ahhh...gringal, thanks for the INFO. Only once a week...hmmm. It is my wish/hope/intention to give classes every day, if possible. We will not be duplicating what is already being offered by other classes. Non-competitive Pushing Hands, and (gentle)Internal Work of Rooting/Walking/Rowing/Standing...these are not well-known in the West.

Someone suggested the possibility of renting a Gazebo at LCS. Is that feasible?  In any case, I will join LCS. What a great organization! TED Talks group! Film Appreciation! I used TED Talks in China for English training, and developed their MovieMagic approaches, including movie-based RolePlay (like Pushing Hands, heh heh).

China has grassroots English Corners all over the country. I will send Proposal to LCS about my developing a Spanish-English MovieMagic Club.

On 1/26/2018 at 11:07 PM, Yin-Yang @ Chapala said:

Tnx agn. Any possibility of contacting her by EMail now, before I come?

Thanks.

You can also google. There is a large website with contact info.

Archived