Chapala.com Webboard

Mexican Honda CRV and HRV vs American

Well, not sure where all of you are posting from; I live in Ajijic. I am an elderly thin under-powered blond gringa. I sure do like driving a Honda FIT because no self-respecting narco would steal it!!! Altho I was a little concerned that the Guad guy who has the yellow Hummer in west Ajijic on weekends would simply run over me;)

Honda HR-V is very under powered, so we bought a brand new KIA Sportage and it has so many bells and whistles that we still haven't figured it all out. KIA is going to give Toyota and Honda a run for their money. We also had to order it and had to wait 2 months for it since demand is so high for them right now. They shipped them in from South Korea. Very nice vehicle. Bought in Guadalajara at Dalton.

On 6/1/2017 at 9:46 AM, hensley said:

Honda HR-V is very under powered, so we bought a brand new KIA Sportage and it has so many bells and whistles that we still haven't figured it all out. KIA is going to give Toyota and Honda a run for their money. We also had to order it and had to wait 2 months for it since demand is so high for them right now. They shipped them in from South Korea. Very nice vehicle. Bought in Guadalajara at Dalton.

The Kia sportage should not be compared to the HRV but the CRV. Also , an FYI. The Honda holds it value far better than any Kia will ever. Kia floods the rental markets with its cars , therefore they are sold used in 2 years at highly discounted prices and Honda doesn't put one car in the rental markets. Perhaps that why you are waiting so long. Hertz may have 10,000 on order.

Archived