Chapala.com Webboard

Legal advice

I am French and my husband AMerican and we bith have the Mexican nationality. In Mexico we were told that Mexican will is valid outside of Mexico , in France I was told it was not  and we tried to get advice on the 3 countries and gave up ...  Just figuring oit under what status we were married was tough enough.. after that we dealt with each country separately and we do not have kids and no on to contest the will....

6 minutes ago, MichiganMama said:

I had Notario Uriarte in Chapala prepare my will, which covered assets in both MX and the US.  I was very impressed with him.  Wills are half price one month of the year, not sure if it's September, October or November.

September

I can custom tailor estate planning to your specific needs.  My office also litigates so we have seen the trials and tribulations of using wills and documents in other countries so can advise on what is the best way to be able to prepare for the future and subject your heirs to as little hassle as possible. 

I also was told it covers my assets in the US and France, when I asked in France I was told by the notario there that the Mexican will was not valid  so I had a French will covr the French assets , got assets out of the US and have my husband as benificiary in the States.  But It was interesting that the French notario contradicted what I heard here.. so I did not fight it...I the heirs will know who is right or wrong..

Archived