Chapala.com Webboard

How much rain Friday night?

A friend in Riberas says it was a deluge at this house--the internet is still out there. In La Canacinta in far west Ajijic we only got enough to coat the sidewalk, but the wind was very strong. Fortunately I was still awake at 10 p.m. and I ran around and shut the windows. Still, the wind was so strong I've been picking up bougainvillea flowers that blew in the back patio door and all the way down the hall. About 10 minutes before it hit, our dog Toby who was still awake started trembling--he could feel it coming.

I find Yahoo weather to be far and away the best for here. Their temp reading is never more than 1 degree different than mine where WU and AccuWeather are obviously using historical averages.

The storm knocked out my power all night last night, Friday night, in Riberas from before midnight til after 10 a.m. today, Saturday, when I left. It was back on when I got home between 11 a.m. and noon. While the rain did seem to lower the outside temperature a bit, the inside of the house was very hot and not having any fans because of the blackout made it unpleasant for sleeping.

Archived