Chapala.com Webboard

Penalties for crossing border late with truck permit?

"NOT TRUE!!!!   Your TIP has nothing to do with your immigration status."  versus  El plazo autorizado para retornar los vehículos que hubieran sido importados temporalmente por extranjeros será el de la vigencia de su condición de estancia otorgada por la autoridad migratoria      which translates as:

"The period allowed to return vehicles that were temporarily imported by foreigners will be the validity of their stay status granted by the immigration authority."

Sounds like a TIP has a lot to do with one's immigration status, which is the point that Sonia was making. That makes " They get answers from people who know nothing about everything" sound a lot like a self-fulfilling prophesy.

10 hours ago, RickS said:

"NOT TRUE!!!!   Your TIP has nothing to do with your immigration status."  versus  El plazo autorizado para retornar los vehículos que hubieran sido importados temporalmente por extranjeros será el de la vigencia de su condición de estancia otorgada por la autoridad migratoria.  which translates as:

"The period allowed to return vehicles that were temporarily imported by foreigners will be the validity of their stay status granted by the immigration authority."

Sounds like a TIP has a lot to do with one's immigration status, which is the point that Sonia was making. That makes " They get answers from people who know nothing about everything." sound a lot like self-fulfilling prophesy.

You can write anything you want on this web board but doesn't make it true.. 

The only people that matter are the ones that make the decisions. Certain persons who troll this board for business  will tell you anything to get some money from you.

I used the lawyer that many people rave about on this board to renew my temp and TIP.  Lost my deposit .. His explanation 

Aduana and IMN are two seperate departments that don't talk to each other.

Because my lawyer did not apply to renew my TIP within 15 days I lost my deposit,  the reason he could not apply to renew my TIP was that he had not received my renewed visa yet.. 

When a complaint was filed with aduana their response was "you never applied within the 15 day time frame. 

My lawyers response was "I never received the renewed visa within the that time".

Aduana responded "Not our problem, you did not apply within the 15 day time limit"   End of story..

Both departments may be under the Goverment umbrella, but they are seperate identities.

12 hours ago, geeser said:

When you handle someone's renewal don't you also handle the TIP renewal. It sounds the same as it has as it has been for 15 years or so? It sounds as if the OP is more interseted in getting to the border legally than in protecting his deposit. Is he legal or not? but he doesn't want his truck seized., sounds reasonable?

That is exactly what the poster was asking.. 

(edited by moderator to remove insulting comment)

The original post was answered early on by Maincoons and others but the thread got into the issue of TIP extension which is fine.

I do not have clients loosing their deposit but I also have them go twice to Aduana. As I pointed out before, it is explained here: http://www.soniadiaz.mx/vehicles.html  Very few people who assist with visas know the TIP extension requirements then again some know little about visas and really mess up expats. :-)

I process TR visas every day and the most recent three were this morning. My client from this morning is at Aduana at the Queretaro airport at this moment.

And no I do not got to Aduana as it involves three hours and driving 150 km but I send the requirements and directions and ready to answer phone if an issue when they are there. 

And while one may be critical of a lawyer there is always another side including the client not following directions or thinking they can outsmart the process while being easy to blame someone.

9 hours ago, TelsZ4 said:

You can write anything you want on this web board but doesn't make it true.. 

The only people that matter are the ones that make the decisions. Certain persons who troll this board for business  will tell you anything to get some money from you.

I used the lawyer that many people rave about on this board to renew my temp and TIP.  Lost my deposit .. His explanation 

Aduana and IMN are two seperate departments that don't talk to each other.

Because my lawyer did not apply to renew my TIP within 15 days I lost my deposit,  the reason he could not apply to renew my TIP was that he had not received my renewed visa yet.. 

When a complaint was filed with aduana their response was "you never applied within the 15 day time frame. 

My lawyers response was "I never received the renewed visa within the that time".

Aduana responded "Not our problem, you did not apply within the 15 day time limit"   End of story..

Both departments may be under the Goverment umbrella, but they are seperate identities.

That 15 day time limit when it was running 3 months to get your renewal and they wouldn't take it more than 30 days in advance sounds a lot like a scam doesn't it?

1 hour ago, geeser said:

That 15 day time limit when it was running 3 months to get your renewal and they wouldn't take it more than 30 days in advance sounds a lot like a scam doesn't it?

That's is correct, it was a few years ago.... And there were many others in the same situation.. Lost their TIP deposit.

I had a temporal and a TIP valid for the length of my temporal, BEFORE my temporal expired I applied and got a permanente, and BEFORE my temporal expired I legalized my car and returned to the border to return my TIP, received my deposit back, no problem,ALL legal, smooth , no problem

you guys should STOP braking the law and blaming Mexican rules ,follow the rules simple and straight forward, no 15 days late or other

Archived