Chapala.com Webboard

Costco gas station selling Kirland gasoline

bournemouth

I just got that too. I know that stateside or here in Seattle, the price of the gas sold at the local Costco is always one of the lowest in the greater Seattle area, I hope that we can start buying gas at Costco soon in the greater Guadalajara area. 

• 2 weeks later...

I sure hope that it's like in the states where in Seattle for example I could easily pay three dollars a gallon at the neighborhood gas statin but at Costco it was $2.59 earlier in the week.

The nice

20 hours ago, johanson said:

I sure hope that it's like in the states where in Seattle for example I could easily pay three dollars a gallon at the neighborhood gas statin but at Costco it was $2.59 earlier in the week.

The nice thing about where we live NOB, you can find a few stations that will have the same price as Costco/Sam's, and normally the others are only 1-4 pennies higher. Sure there will be some that are $0.20 to $0.40 higher, but they don't do much business. Don't have to look very much to get the bottom price. Maybe in the Western USA Sam's/Costco is a Super deal.

To get my gas prices for my Seattle zip code, I go to www,gasbuddy.com and there are 37 stations mentioned within maybe 5 or more miles away, The lowest price was an Arco station at $2.55 next higher was Costco at $2.57 and the highest was $3.19  There were no Sam's Club mentioned although I understand there are several near Seattle. I shop at Costco which only 4 miles away

Sometimes it is useful to know how much alcohol is diluting your gasoline, and the lower mileage that results from that mix.  Not an easy thing to determine.

1 hour ago, johanson said:

To get my gas prices for my Seattle zip code, I go to www,gasbuddy.com and there are 37 stations mentioned within maybe 5 or more miles away, The lowest price was an Arco station at $2.55 next higher was Costco at $2.57 and the highest was $3.19  There were no Sam's Club mentioned although I understand there are several near Seattle. I shop at Costco which only 4 miles away

Certainly more expensive living out West. Our gas is below $2.10 and has been for many months. Not that long ago it was like $1.87. But, then the last trip I made to California, the price of a gallon of orange juice was exactly $1.00 more than I paid for it back home. I guess that is why the wages are so much better out West.

Oh ya Hud our gasoline here is highly taxed. I remember hos much cheaper it was when I was stationed at Fort Sill, in Lawton, Oklahoma. The one good thing is that because of all the rain, both water and electricity are quite are priced very low.

On ‎5‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 5:56 PM, bournemouth said:

According to an email just received, Costco opens its first gas station in Mexico in San Luis Potosi tomorrow.  3% discount for members.

3% discount, that is about 2.5 cents American/liter, so less than 10 cents a gallon. Better than nothing, but not by much. Kinda like the "sales" they have sometimes here on clothes, 5% discount. I'm so spoiled that if it is not at least 40% on clothes NOB, I don't bother to look. :( 

On ‎6‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 6:01 PM, johanson said:

Oh ya Hud our gasoline here is highly taxed. I remember hos much cheaper it was when I was stationed at Fort Sill, in Lawton, Oklahoma. The one good thing is that because of all the rain, both water and electricity are quite are priced very low.

Our electric and water have been really stable NOB for several years. Water is $3.50/1,000 gal. and electric hangs about 8.7 cents a KWH. Don't have any idea how that compares out West.

11 hours ago, Hud said:

3% discount, that is about 2.5 cents American/liter, so less than 10 cents a gallon. Better than nothing, but not by much. Kinda like the "sales" they have sometimes here on clothes, 5% discount. I'm so spoiled that if it is not at least 40% on clothes NOB, I don't bother to look. :( 

And if it has ethanol in it you end up spending more because ethanol reduces gas mileage.

Your first fill up there adds $1,500 pesos for a Costco gas card. I didn´t hear if it is an annul or permanent card yet, but guess it is permanent and  a one time cost. Some Mexican friends of ours paying by credit/debit card were not told ahead of time about needing a Costco gas card, After they filled up they were charged $1,500 pesos more on the reciept they signed.

Back home, I couldn't buy CostCo gas without first having a CostCo card. You're saying they want even more money --much, much more than their annual membership fee-- to get their gas? That sounds just silly, and certainly not worth it. You'd have to buy a lot gas to make it pay.

Archived