Chapala.com Webboard

Need help with Uber

I downloaded the Uber app and it said to put in my number.  I did and pressed next.  I immediately got a text saying We don't monitor responses on this number.  I have a telcel plan and I put in my telcel phone number.  what am I doing wrong?

Exactly.  My experience mirrors yours.  I've had no problem but haven't yet used my account from GDL to here as I don't know where the OXXO is to be picked up.  Will look tomorrow.  Haven't tried to use it from here to airport so please post if you have success.

So how do you arrange for an Uber at the airport, Deborah? Do you do it before you leave wherever you are coming from? Because after landing here, wouldn't you be up for a loooong wait?

Normally a 3 or 4 minute wait for uber at airport. They pick you up at the oxxo in front of arrivals.opposite the normal taxi rank.

Just download the app to your phone.shows where taxis are and informs you when they are arriving.also details of driver and contact.

Unfortunately nothing from here to airport.

You reply for a Uber pick is rather vague. When you first say PU at the OXXO, then between OXXO and terminal, question have you done it? Humping your bags to the OXXO could be a no go for me and many people. The congestion at the airport also adds more complication for offloading and pick up

OK - did it!   Local driver to airport, Uber return.

To, used Cesar 333-475-2518 as per recommendations from this board.   Great guy, nice car, friendly, bilingual and a reasonable rate 400 pesos.   Did this because I am frankly sick and tired of the usual group of drivers usurious fees.

Return - walked out of the terminal, used my uber app, 5:45 in the morning, 6 minutes driver was there with his uberX and 246 pesos to Ajijic.  Great experience and the info from this board put me at the right place in front of OXXO, I would have screwed around for quite a bit without that info.  But Uber on app showed exact place to be as well.

Archived