Chapala.com Webboard

Curious . . . .

luvsdawgs

Pancho says he just can't get it imported any more, but that may change, of course. Meantime, President's butter at WalMart is 60p a pack (was 52, but whoa the dollar!). It is better, IMHO... tastes like the butter I grew up with.

Meantime, Lala salted butter is the only Mexican brand I have tried that doesn't taste rancid. It is good enough for most of my salted butter needs, like toast and popcorn. And cheaper, of course, than imported product.

Lala is now an international brand, for sure; having bought Borden.  In the USA, Lala products are on the shelf next to a new brand, called “Daisy“.  Remember, Daisy, the cow, of Borden fame?

4 minutes ago, Alfa said:

I thought Borden's cow's name was Elsie? Or am I confused -again?

You're not confused. http://www.cremora.com/elsies_story.html

Oh goody, a butter thread... it's been a while. Anchor butter from New Zealand is still the best imho. Lurpak from Denmark is my second favourite. Not having either one available will be a disaster of catastrophic proportions. :(

Superlake has a new salted butter called Falfurrias made in Kansas City selling for 205 Pesos a pound

Better than the Mexican brands I do not thnk it is as good as Lurpak but it is available

16 minutes ago, jrm30655 said:

Daisy was the gal with the short shorts on Dukes of Hazard.

Oh, how the mind goes............

Just some good ole boys

Never meanin no harm.......

RIP Waylon

I have 5 lbs. of salted butter in my freezer. Currently have Tillamook and Kirkland.  I bring it in my suitcase when I fly. I wrap it in bubble wrap then newspaper. Stick it in a freezer, pack it in the middle if my clothes as I head to the airport and it is still partially frozen when I get home (or at least cold). Been doing this for about 4 years and never had a problem. I usually bring home 6-8 lbs. Obviously, you have to be going NOB for a visit.

12 hours ago, Ferret said:

You're not confused. http://www.cremora.com/elsies_story.html

Oh goody, a butter thread... it's been a while. Anchor butter from New Zealand is still the best imho. Lurpak from Denmark is my second favourite. Not having either one available will be a disaster of catastrophic proportions. :(

Oooh I was just gonna say--a BUTTER THREAD!  It has been a while!

I still buy Kirkland butter at Costco.  Best and least expensive imported butter in Mexico.

I prefer salted butter and am always on the search for it. Just started using Lurpak last year and was content with it. So now the search continues. Thanks for all the information given, will check at Walmart. I did look at SuperLake for that Kansas butter, the price tag says $ 209 or $ 216?! Too pricey for me. BTW, I also looked at the Lala but they only had unsalted.

It used to be Kirkland sin sal from Costco that was so popular, but now on this thread it's hardly mentioned. But I, like Liana and Joyful, still like Kirkland. I used to get if from Costco and now get it from SuperLake. Love it.

Lexy

For me, the only reason Kirkland sin sal was popular was because they stopped getting the con sal years back. So for a good price on decent butter, the sin sal made do. BUT I always bought a chunk of good salted butter to have, as well.

Archived