Chapala.com Webboard

Theft outside Food Container

While we were TRYING to get some lunch at Food Container, someone stole a duffel bag from the back of our SUV. We thought the car was locked, but the thief got in with no problem, so maybe not. All they got in the duffel bag was a wet swimsuit, some wet towels, and a cell phone (which I've already suspended). Our first time at Food Container -- nice folks, good food, but geeze, it shouldn´t take 2 hours to get a sushi appetizer and 2 sandwiches. And there were only 2 other tables there.

1 hour ago, texmextwo said:

Hello.....Lock your car, Food Container is not responsible for your negligence. I eat there weekly, have never had a problem with food or service....

That's right "NEGLIGENCE" it sad a sad fact of life that in this day and age we have to lock up.if you don't you get robbed..

Not hardly negligence. OP always locks her car, but is second-guessing herself... just like we all do. Her stuff was in a duffle bag, certainly one of the least-interesting looking items I can think of.

Further, her post was meant to elucidate, not attract trolling. Makes one wonder what's the point of trying?

2 hours ago, ComputerGuy said:

Not hardly negligence. OP always locks her car, but is second-guessing herself... just like we all do. Her stuff was in a duffle bag, certainly one of the least-interesting looking items I can think of.

Further, her post was meant to elucidate, not attract trolling. Makes one wonder what's the point of trying?

A friend had her locked car entered with no evidence of entry - nothing was visible in the vehicle but there was stuff in the glove box.  She learned later that there are a lot of master keys floating around out there which enable the bad guys to have easy access to our vehicles - so locking is not the preventative measure that it used to be.

Well it seems everywhere I go up north these days there are signs in shopping center parking lots telling you to lock the car and do not leave any personal items in sight.  Also, keep in mind that some of those criminals being deported up there will logically find their way to places like this where they think the pickings will be better.

Too bad the bag didn't have dirty underwear. :D

It's not just personal items, several years ago friends living in La Floresta were walking their dog and came back to find both mirrors gone from their GMC SUV. There was only one small scratch and they had taken the entire mirror assemblies, mirrors, housings, motors etc. - about $1,500 to replace. And, it only took a very few minutes and La Floresta supposedly have a patrol.

Archived