Chapala.com Webboard

Dicom Images

Juan, I was offered the surgery in Mexico but the condition is that I would have to lie face forward afterwards for two weeks other than shower, eat or use the bathroom, basically about 20 hours a day lying face down.  Believe me I would rather have the surgery here but face forward for two weeks for me would be really difficult.  The Mayo clinic in the US says face forward only the first night so I am choosing that option.  The Mayo clinic is asking for the images in DICOM format so I will find where to get that done in Guadalajara. I did not ask the surgeon here if they also required a Dicom format.  The two weeks face down compared to one night was the deal breaker for me.  Hope this explains .

“Positioning“ at different angles is a common requirement after retinal surgery. I have had six of them over the years and, yes, I did spend a month face-down with a tiny TV on the floor at the foot of the bed, for one of those surgeries.  For others, I was sometimes at 45º to one side, or the other, etc.  I lived through it & still have some vision left. 

Good luck.

Archived