Chapala.com Webboard

Where to Find Good Office Chair Locally

The furniture store that used to be C&D is a good place to check. It's in the strip next to Sunrise Restaurant in San Antonio.

They have some chairs on display, but will order from catalogues. They brought in a couple of chairs that I liked from catalogues and let me pick. Mexican office chairs are smaller than you can get in the US and don't have as many options. Generally.

Good luck

Costco has a number of office chairs as does Office Depot... Probably a much better selection than what is available locally... We purchased three from Costco and are most pleased.

We got office chairs from Office Depot when we moved here.  The chairs were comfortable but the upholstery didn't hold up very well.  We had the guy behind the green door in Riberas reupholster them, one in leather, one in suede.  He did a great job, the chairs are very comfortable.

Maybe the Costco chairs have better upholstery.  I wouldn't buy from Office Depot again.

I bought a chair at Costco which is comfortable and perfect for me.  It has only one problem.  Within months the black leather/plastic/vinyl began to crack and peel off. This continues to this day years later.  It looks terrible but I still keep it. I would think twice before I bought another from Costco.

Just now, Floradude said:

I bought a chair at Costco which is comfortable and perfect for me.  It has only one problem.  Within months the black leather/plastic/vinyl began to crack and peel off. This continues to this day years later.  It looks terrible but I still keep it. I would think twice before I bought another from Costco.

That's exactly what happened to the chairs we got at Office Depot.

Take it to the guy behind the green door on the east end of Riberas, north side of carretera.  He will do a great job of fixing it for you.

On 5/19/2017 at 8:19 AM, Bisbee Gal said:

Where is Office Depot in relationship to either the Costco or Home Depot on Lopez Mateos?

About 1 km ahead of Costco going in the Guadalajara direction. Right besides the Puerta de Hierro Sur Hospital.

On 5/19/2017 at 9:02 AM, Floradude said:

Agree got a Costco Chair didn't last a year for the fabric holding up, got one at Office Depot and it lasted more than 2 years and then the material finally started to crack.

On 5/19/2017 at 8:19 AM, Mainecoons said:

We got office chairs from Office Depot when we moved here.  The chairs were comfortable but the upholstery didn't hold up very well.  We had the guy behind the green door in Riberas reupholster them, one in leather, one in suede.  He did a great job, the chairs are very comfortable.

Maybe the Costco chairs have better upholstery.  I wouldn't buy from Office Depot again.

We got a chair from Costco also. After a year the leather (really vinyl) cracked and peeled. We also had Miguel behind the green door reupholster the chair. Cost about 300 pesos and now we have a good chair that is still comfortable. 

Just an FYI for anyone living here. Do yourself a favor...if buying any kind of "leather" furniture make sure it is REAL leather. With the heat and dryness here "leatherette" or any fake leather will not last.

Archived