Chapala.com Webboard

Urgent--Dog being mistreated

I received the following PM from Doberman. She has now supplied an address where this dog is being tied. I'm having a great deal of trouble walking these days, doing any chores--and so I'm posting Doberman's PM. Can anybody speak to the owner?

Lexy please, can someone do something? Now the dog is getting fried under the sun, the "owner" specially ties the dor under the sun, they have a big garden with lots of places with shade, but he locks the dog in the place with no shade at all.  The address is Bugambilias 49, where William Gambee used to live, wher the fix it store was. One house before the empty lot. Every day I walk in front of the house I see poor thing under the sun, crying...Pls. help!  God Bless you.   If someone goes to see the dog, please let the owner to know he will get a fine (that is not true) but somebody has to scare him or ...take the dog under mistreatment of the dog. Pls. Help. thanks.

It's my hope that the animal welfare people will see this notice and know how to cope, like having the resources, telephone numbers, etc. to get action underway. Thanks, Yo1. I know they read this forum. And perhaps Doberman will also follow through. I will do what I'm able to do, like tell my friends who might go check out this situation.

The fact is, I haven't seen this dog. I can't (won't) report an abused dog without ever having seen the dog or the place where he lives.

Lexy

This is disgusting.  We will  tomorrow morning go to this address and see the dog.  We know personally the man who heads up the Animal Abuse here in Chapala - a really good man.  We'll take pesos with us to see if we can first buy the dog from the owner if he is home.  If not we will call Aiden and get him to come to the location and either remove the dog or assist us in "purchasing the dog"  and get it to our vet.  We will report back here to let you know what we found and or could do to help this poor creature.  PLEASE DO NOT FILL THIS THREAD UP WITH THANKS OR OTHERWISE.  LEAVE IT BE AND WE'LL LET YOU ALL KNOW WHAT WE WERE ABLE TO DO AND FIND OUT.  DON'T WANT THE THREAD TO GET CLOSED. Thanks.  Guiness.....

Guiness, Doberman just let me know in a PM that the owner is gone every morning by 10 am.

I asked her to please post such updates here.

It is a relief to know that someone who is able to is doing something about this. Wishing you good luck.

Lexy

We have just returned from #49 Bouganvilla in Mirasol.  There was no dog there.  We drove around the entire Fracc and could not see a dog anywhere.  Did someone make a mistake as to the location of this animal?   Please post and advise.  

The dog is there, but thanks God, today he is UNLEASHED. Also, Ecología was there, they saw the dog but they couldn´t leave a fine, because the dog was unleashed.      The address is correct. Pls. check the place the rest of the week. It is a white pitbull with problems in the white skin.  When tied, the dog is not in the yard of course.   In the picture, you can see the dog in the very back of the garden with no shade at all.

DSCN1509.JPG

Bugambilias 49 (where the mistreated dog is)  is just one house before 53, 53 is the last white house in the street, by the park going to tio corp. TIA.

Thanks God the dog is unleashed today, phew!  I won´t be able to chek it the rest of the week. please animalovers check and if the dog is tied, call ecología for them to leave a fine for the bad owner. Thanks. 

yes but the last week they TIED the dog with a chain, just in the back of the garden UNDER THE SUN.  We could hear the poor dog crying.    Pls. check for this situation the rest of the week. If the dog is tied, pls. call ecología, they will come and leave a fine for the owner. Thanks in behalf of the dog. :)   Maybe a friend of the owners of the dog told them about the visit from Ecología or so.  I hope they won´t tie the dog again.

The dog can bee seen from the street, do not worry. If the dog is tied under the sun, you will be able to see it from the street.           , I posted the photo before, taken from the street. , This is the way the dog can be seen. But if he is under the sun, you will be able to hear the cryings.  Thanks.  See the photo I posted before? this is the way the dog looks.  But if you hear the dog crying it is under the sun, if everything is in silence, the dog is ok under the shade.    They tie the dog usually between 12 pm and 3 pm. when the sun comes strong. THanks.and God bless you.

• 2 weeks later...

HELP. URGENT! the dog is now tied and crying...what can we do? Help please!!! all the fraccionamiento can hear it!

ok.  Ecologia was at the home and they left a document in the door. But still the dog is under the sun.

The email to report abused dogs is:                              ecologia-municipal1215@hotmail.com

Thanks.

You may want to get a bunch of neighbors and ask the owners to put the dog in the shade.. because he is disturbing the neighborhood and white dogs cannot take the sun and their skin will burn if they have very short hair. Hopefully the dog has water if not you can add that to the kist to the owner..

Maybe you could try buying the dog--ring the bell and lay it on a little..."Oh, your dog looks just like our dog who died..,my wife wants a dog just like this, could we buy him from you? Sorry, I hope you will forgive us for asking, but we would love to have this dog, and I would pay you 500 pesos for your dog."  Keep upping the ante, as needed. This is what I would do, devious person that I am, but then you have to be prepared to adopt the dog or find a good home for it. Put a leash in your back pocket, in case of success. And then let us know if this poor dog is available for adoption.

Luvsdawags.  Bugambilias 49, Fracc. Mirasol, 2nd. house before the vacum lot going to Tio Corp. Today AGAIN dog tied under the sun, yesterday I saw a "paper from Ecologia" but the owner came an throwit away.  There is a phote of the front of the house in teh upper part of the thread. The dog is crying now......:(

Owner leaves home at 8:30 and gets back at 5 or 6 pm....

The Mom is on vacation for the month, the son has burned the dog with cigarettes before until it cried, he has the mechanics shop behind the thrift stores in Riberas across from 7 Eleven. He wears a uniform for mechanics, dark blue with white and a little red in it. He wears a baseball cap and glasses. I don't know his name.

14 hours ago, hensley said:

The Mom is on vacation for the month, the son has burned the dog with cigarettes before until it cried, he has the mechanics shop behind the thrift stores in Riberas across from 7 Eleven. He wears a uniform for mechanics, dark blue with white and a little red in it. He wears a baseball cap and glasses. I don't know his name.

Since you do have first hand information about this person abusing this dog, can you please stop into Dr. Pepe Maganas (Vet) and tell Pepe about this.  He will go and see the owner - he may even know these people.  He will get this handled and most likely get the dog out of there.  Tell Pepe exactly what is going on - he will do all he can  to rescue this poor abused animal.  Keep us posted.

I called him about a dog across from us and he said he was too busy, the poor little puppy was skin and bones and would not eat, so I called another friend and she came and got the dog. Then after he was healthy they returned the dog.

I don't live by there anymore. I just heard the Mom will be home soon and she takes better care of the dog.

Archived