Chapala.com Webboard

TYPIST NO LONGER NEEDED

TYPIST NO LONGER NEEDED.       

I am looking for someone to type my Great Grandfather’s 216 page diary written in 1888.  I want the final manuscript to be in MS Word so that it can easily be distributed to as many of his descendants as possible.  Someone has already typed about 50 pages of the diary which translates to 18 typed pages.  However, these will have to be retyped into MS Word.  The typist will need to be experienced in typing from handwritten English and have MS Word software.

I am a two fingered typist or else I would offer to do the job. I would suggest perhaps putting the final product into pdf instead of Word. PDF24 is free pdf converter and there are several free on-line converters as well.  Plus, I wouldn't mind reading it, too.

Since the 2007 edition of Word there has been a "save as" option to save in PDF. I agrre though it would be best to distribute in PDF rather than word. Some people still have versions that only read .doc not .docx

We had a similar situation, but with family heirloom recipes dating back to

the mid-1800's. Instead of transcribing them, we ultimately decided to

scan them, and save them as JPG files, as we all seemed to feel much

more connected to our ancestors when reading the text as it was written in their own hand.

21 minutes ago, puro guero said:

We had a similar situation, but with family heirloom recipes dating back to

the mid-1800's. Instead of transcribing them, we ultimately decided to

scan them, and save them as JPG files, as we all seemed to feel much

more connected to our ancestors when reading the text as it was written in their own hand.

You could have scanned them as a pdf as well. I like your last sentence very much and understand the sentiment. What a lovely keepsake!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived