Chapala.com Webboard

The "ONE" thing ....

So, we're finally making the move and wanted to get your thoughts on the ONE thing you wish you could buy at Lakeside that you were able to buy back home.  

(This is help with my longgggggggg list and thanks!)

Small kitchen appliances that are incredibly cheap in the US. Much more expensive here in general, if you can find them without traveling to Guadalajara.

6 minutes ago, Kurbie said:

So, we're finally making the move and wanted to get your thoughts on the ONE thing you wish you could buy at Lakeside that you were able to buy back home.  

(This is help with my longgggggggg list and thanks!)

One thing, eh?  Old English scratch cover/furniture polish will do.  There's another product available, but not as good.  Like many things.:rolleyes:

We cannot seem to remember. That is a good thing.  B)

OH!  I do remember that, when we first moved to Mexico, it was almost impossible to buy a cup of coffee; especially early in the morning. But, that was some time ago.

My husband is there, I will be joining him in a couple of weeks, we both are new to area, he said to make sure you have some very good walking shoes. He said that they are a necessity there and you should have a few good pairs. I imagine they will have them in Guadalajara , but we have not been there to shop, yet. Also, your favorite colognes, just in case they do not carry it there.

You will probably find that the ONE THING will soon turn into a laundry list... This is what one has to expect when changing countries and cultures... Best thing to do is adapt... Mexico like all countries offers a plethora of alternatives... Just member you are not in Kansas anymore Toto....

Peace & quiet - they're not available at any price period. There are no quiet neighborhoods, none of the quiet lilting guitar music in the distance and I don't care if you live in a million dollar house or a shack, it's the same everywhere you go. The first couple of weeks when I moved back NOB I didn't sleep well, it was sooo quiet, spooky even, no barking dogs, no crowing roosters, no million watt amplified rap "music"?

Definitely SHOES--I wear ones with an arch support and a heel cup, and I've got hard-to-fit feet. Have not found much in Guad--no Ecco or Merrill, for example.

When I make my yearly trip North I pick up salted butter, shoes and bed linens. Everything else you can adapt  

Crocs, sketchers and Keens shoes are available here but with a limited selection and at much higher prices and you really need these type of quality shoes for walking here.

Archived