Chapala.com Webboard

We got ours in the US. The only place I can imagine (but don't know for sure) is the pet store on the second floor of Galerias Mall, close to Liverpool.

There is a pet store beside Soriano's that seems to be well stocked; I love going there when I can because they have lots of things that I can't find elsewhere.  I haven't seen the Thunder Coats there but then I haven't looked either; if they don't carry them I think the owner would order for you as he promised that he would order some obscure thing that I wanted.

• 3 weeks later...

My dog has been having an awful time with the detonations or explosions or cohettes, whatever we call these loud random blasts. To me it's a random explosion that echoes up the street and runs my dog under the bed. They seemed to have stopped (knock on tile). But now I see the thunder is coming. The older she gets the more sensitive she is to any loud booms. Do thunder coats really work? I was thinking maybe Benadryl? But then I'm not big on doping up my dog. I just hate seeing her hide and drool and of course when when I coax her out another blast sends her back under! It's almost like she's lived under the bed this last month. Maybe there was a sale at Costco but I can't find any reason behind the daily explosions. 

its too hot to put a coat on her during the day so she'll need to live with the festive atsmophere random explosions create. Does anyone have advice? I might go invest in the thunder coat for the storms. But what about the random exploding detonations? Do we just accept the ear deafening bombs?

4 hours ago, Bajabrady said:

Do we just accept the ear deafening bombs?

Yup, part of living in Mexico. If you live in the outlying areas away from the Village, there is much less noise. Rather than Benadryl, I would try Rescue Remedy. Many people have successfully used Thunder Shirts. Since most of the thunder storms are in the evening, the heat shouldn't be an issue..

I've been here a few years. Maybe it's always been like this and I never noticed. The older she gets the more I notice. I have no clue when she became so sensitive to the explosive festivities. I find myself jumping now too! 

The daily random concussive detonations is nothing I can prepare her for. But the thunder is something I can try to help with. She's funny. Last week she ran into the bedroom before the thunder even started. I'll walk over to Memo and see what he has. I'll see if the rescue remedy works. I'll have a guest mule it down.

Thanks for the suggestion 

1 hour ago, Bajabrady said:

I've been here a few years. Maybe it's always been like this and I never noticed. The older she gets the more I notice. I have no clue when she became so sensitive to the explosive festivities. I find myself jumping now too! 

The daily random concussive detonations is nothing I can prepare her for. But the thunder is something I can try to help with. She's funny. Last week she ran into the bedroom before the thunder even started. I'll walk over to Memo and see what he has. I'll see if the rescue remedy works. I'll have a guest mule it down.

Thanks for the suggestion 

I have and had a dog who are noise sensitive. Both terriers who are typically fearless but they aren't when it comes to the cohetes. It is truly amazing to see these otherwise active dogs stand completely still for their Thunder coat to be put on. They very quickly recognize that it helps them a lot.

Archived