Chapala.com Webboard

Campaign to Update Property Records

As written by Spencer on Facebook. Front page of May 13-19 Guadalajara Reporter:

Many people are receiving requests from the local municipal government asking for all sorts of property documents for properties built 20 years ago or more and document mentions a state agency audit, problem is that we read the law and contacted the state agency and they know nothing about it so they are starting an investigation. If they come to your door take their picture or record and call the police as you would catch them in the act if fraud. We are not sure high up the complicity goes in the municipality but encourage all to file criminal complaints and dont let the MP discourage you or lose your file, we hope the state audit agency punishes those involved in the local government due to outright corruption or looking the other way either way they are now on notice about criminal acts happening on local government, hopefully people will be fired or jailed an not promoted within the criminal group, I mean party

We were told people should say:  no debemos brindar la documentación que nos solicitan
que demos dar respuesta en atención al oficio aclarando que NO tenemos relación comercial con el ayuntamiento y que por ende NO se le atribuye la facultad en representación de la Auditoria Superior de requerir los documentos, y solicitar que se envie COPIA PARA LA Auditoria Superior. 
las facultades de la Auditoria Superior vienen en el articulo 35bis de la Constitución Política del Estado de Jalisco

Why start a new thread when this has been covered in detail and  this wording is not correct. The State is not asking for papers , the Apremios Director from the Chapala Ayuntamiento is. 

Read the thread about Ayuntamento and the Guadalajara Reporter.   The letter from The Ayuentamiento has a list asking for documentation but when you get there they only ask for a couple of papers related to 2015 /16.

There are a few other threads but lets have some fun here, for all the people who have received one of these requests for records, on the upper right there is a file number, in theory one for each property, one client received 171/2017 so logically they are number 171 and the GR article mentions number 189 which flies in the face of what was declared to the Guadalajara reporter which said it only applied to properties over 1,000 meters and there were only 20 homes plus a few condos. 

Please post here if you or someone you know received a notice and their home is less than 1,000 meters and the number of the notification

GR article didnt specify so lets have the viewers post what their situation was land or building

Ours, which we faxed to Spencer, was 067.  We are a tad over 1000 square meters.

The GDL Reporter basically reprinted the party line.  Investigative reporters they aren't.

This is the same house as it was built 18 years ago.  There are no additions.  We sure as heck don't have any building permits issued to the previous owners.  All we done here is repairs of defective construction, mainly the roofs.

On Spencer's advice we ignored this notice.  I have better things to do than spend my time playing Chapala's little games.

They need to put those three guys on the end of a broom and send them to Ajijic.  This town has never been this trashy since we arrived here over 9 years ago.

Ours is 052 we have a bit over 1300m  We gave them a copy of the 2015 predial receipts from SIMAPA  for 2015 and a contract with SIMAPA  issued in 2015 , They annotated on my copy receiving the papers. It took under 5 mn.

Yet if they were to go to the Simapa, office say in Ajijic, San Antonio or Chapala, they could have gotten all of that information from one spot for each city. They didn't need to come to our properties.  Something sounds very wrong here. If I were not to have paid my water bill, Simapa would have been knocking on my door and slowing my water flow (I understand they can not turn it totally off). Simapa meter readers come to my meter on my Aljiba once per month and read how much I have used even though I always pay a year in advance for a discount. How do I know, my gardener also checks my meter reading once per week just for the fun of it and to make sure, nothing goes wrong and U can check at Simapa to see what my latest 6 or so readings were.

How do you know how much water you are going to use in one year if you are on meter? They give you an estimate? If so they have to read your meter to see if the total at tjhe end of the year will be short or over what you paid for the year.

Yes they make an estimate the same way they do with you the first year and in future years they estimate based on previous years, and you either make up the underpayment or they will credit you the extra funds paid for the coming year.

I've had a meter since about 2008 and since getting it I have tried even harder to conserve water.  Why did I get a water meter, because I was told by Simapa I had to have one. Apparently that was not true then, but no problem, the meter helps me conserve, (Yes, I am cheap :):P

• 2 weeks later...

The crew from Chapala were working Rancho de Oro this week on Rio Amazonas. A friend caught them standing on an overturned garbage can to see over the wall to view her property. Two days later she had two notices asking for information on his property.

These clowns are really cheap, last time an administration extorted us they bought satellite photos to compare two different time frames to see any construction.

All this going on, a friend checked his papers and discovered the last time they did this, they wrote the dimensions backwards. So that the construction was apparently bigger than the lot. They have been overtaxing heavily for four years. No refunds, but a supposed "credit"... until the next administration takes over.

I don't know if I am talking apples and oranges here but I want to report what the Presidente told Riberas residents back in November .  This was a meeting that he convened and it was held beside 7-11.  A group of residents had been pushing for months for more attention to services in Riberas.

He introduced a man who was to update property records.  There are many properties in Riberas, we were told, that had never been registered with the municipio and as a result, taxes were not being collected.  Of course we were all stunned: how do they get services like water then?   Doesn't SIMAPA check before they do the hook-up?  With CFE it's easier... all those illegal hook-ups.  I don't remember the answers from the Presidente.  But on hearing this most of the crowd calmed down, thinking that this made sense.  My impression was that we were willing to give Admin a chance.

Very likely this checking on properties is going on across the municipio, and not just Riberas.

They are reviewing properties larger than 1000 square meters how many of those are they in Riberas.? Frankly I do not think one has anything to do with the other..I talked to a couple of the people with large properties on the lake and it is business as usual... Yes SIMAPA checks, before connecting  the water but some older properties just were connected  i..wether they have permits or not is another story..

Archived