Chapala.com Webboard

New Mina La Antigua, Restaurant in Riberas

lakeside7

We went yesterday and it was fabulous.  These people know how to run a restaurant.  It helps when you have three other places in Guad.  The food, decor, service and prices where all exceptional.  Very extensive and unique menu.  They are open from 8am-3pm and closed on Mondays.  Can't wait to go back and try many of the other items which other people were eating since they all looked wonderful.

11 hours ago, johanson said:

Parkers moved several months ago across the street to the north side and just a building or three to the West, It's really a nice building.

Thanks, I didn't know that! Come in handy when it's time to renew.

Actually, they specialize in many types of waffles and crepes that are "dulce" or "salado".  I personally like the crepes the best because you can get decent waffles at other eateries.  Crepes on the other hand can be really good or really bad.  These guys know how to make them the right way.  They also have other items ranging from regular types of breakfast to salads and sandwiches.  Basically, it's a breakfast and lunch venue.  The menu is really extensive with many creative combinations of waffles and crepes.  As I said earlier they've been in business in Guadalajara for a long time (since 1994) and clearly know how to run a restaurant.

Had a crepe and an omelette today, service was excellent and very friendly. Food Ok, nice large portions, crepe needed some kind of sauce on top, dry and same with the omelette, no salsa's or anything offered no salt or pepper on the tables, had to ask for it. Coffee on the other hand was ridiculous, $35p for a small cup and had another one and didn't realize it is another $35p, so $70p for 1 person to have 2 cups of coffee. Think we will stick with our Sunrise Breakfast.

I was there today.....I was not charged for a coffee refill....but at their prices...I'd give up coffee. Service was friendly but spotty. My waffle was very ordinary. 

I like the owners of this "franchise" but I will probably not return due to my other favorite restaurants that offer much better waffles and certainly less expensive coffee.

I did note that some other guests left without ordering...I still wish them good luck and success.

Fred Habacht

2 hours ago, hensley said:

Had a crepe and an omelette today, service was excellent and very friendly. Food Ok, nice large portions, crepe needed some kind of sauce on top, dry and same with the omelette, no salsa's or anything offered no salt or pepper on the tables, had to ask for it. Coffee on the other hand was ridiculous, $35p for a small cup and had another one and didn't realize it is another $35p, so $70p for 1 person to have 2 cups of coffee. Think we will stick with our Sunrise Breakfast.

Actually the menu does say 2 refills for 35p. My coffee was weak and cool and I did mention this to the hostess who was asking for comments. I also mentioned that the coffee needs to be more robust and the price was the highest in town etc.

I agree with your general observations Hensley

Also the menu is ridiculously long and complicated you need an extra 15 minutes to read it.

Well interesting about the Coffee, I had nothing to drink not even a water and so they probably charge me for coffee that I can not stand, and did not have. Interesting, hubby had 2 cups for $70p I guess we will not be going there.

A group of us (11) went there for breakfast last Sunday. They were packed with quite a few Mexican families as well as some gringos. I spoke to a couple of people that I know and they were familiar with the locations in Guadalajara.

Most of us were served pretty quickly but a few in our group had to wait a little while. Given the size of the crowd I personally thought they were doing pretty well. Folks that drink coffee were getting plenty of refills and said the coffee was good. They just charged us the $35 pesos - nothing extra for the refills,

Just a couple of people in our group were not too excited about their meal but they did say that they probably just ordered the wrong thing, BIG menu! I had chilaquiles with a fried egg and it was very good, Most of our group also reported that they were very happy with their meal. I will definitely go back! Nice addition to the community.

By the time we were leaving - close to noon - every table was taken and people were waiting for tables. I would definitely make a reservation on the weekend.

On 5/14/2017 at 4:46 PM, SunshineyDay said:

Between carwash and Parkers insurance on mountain side.

I don't where is a car wash is in that area. Is the restaurant sort of across from Superlake or ishop?

1 hour ago, cedros said:

I don't where is a car wash is in that area. Is the restaurant sort of across from Superlake or ishop?

No it is in Riberas, north side,approx 4 stores east of Ardens now Nomads furniture store, or opposite the Catholic Church 

Archived