Chapala.com Webboard

Link to Check Status of Permanente With INM

My letter says go to:

http://www.inm.gob.mx/tramites/publico/seguimiento-tramite.html 

But it gets me to what looks like a non-operative page (no opportunity to enter my data).   And yes, I have registered with INM online and am signed in.  

Anyone got a better link for me to get my status?  TIA.  

• 1 month later...

When you applied for your visa, INM gave you a letter with a NUT; Numero Unico de Tramite, which included a password and website for you to follow.  There will be no “registered letter“, and if you fail to respond via the NUT you may find that your file goes dead. The NUT is also your temporary proof of legality in Mexico during the tramite (process) and allows you to travel within the country.

1 hour ago, RVGRINGO said:

When you applied for your visa, INM gave you a letter with a NUT; Numero Unico de Tramite, which included a password and website for you to follow.  There will be no “registered letter“, and if you fail to respond via the NUT you may find that your file goes dead. The NUT is also your temporary proof of legality in Mexico during the tramite (process) and allows you to travel within the country.

I have been to the website and entered the NUT and what I can determine is the handwritten password. It doesn't recognize what I have entered. Tried several variations of the password but not successful. Then tried the Forgot Password recovery option and it doesn't recognize what I typed in either. At a loss at this point.

Thank you Rvgringo. Bisbee Gal mentions having already registered with INM,  Does anyone know how to do this?  We do not have a handwritten password on our form.  We do have a NUT number and there is a Pieza number, but that is all.

It is not a handwritten password on your NUT form. It is called a "contraseña" and is printed there somewhere to enter your "tramite" processing steps. It is a 5 digit number. The "pieza numero" is on the form also and is not your NUT number. Select your nut number when it advances to that webpage for your processing notes.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AlanMexicali said:

It is not a handwritten password on your NUT form. It is called a "contraseña" and is printed there somewhere to enter your "tramite" processing steps. It is a 5 digit number. The "pieza numero" is on the form also and is not your NUT number. Select your nut number when it advances to that webpage for your processing notes.

Thanks for explaining that for me. I tried again today using the correct numbers but no luck. Tired of futzing with it. Spencer's office let me know that they have been notified that I can go to the INM for fingerprints.

Thank you, AlanMexicali.  The form has probably changed since you used it.  There was only the Pieza numero and the NUT.  We decided to visit INM today, and they said that the password is emailed to you.  This had not happened to us, but today I entered our Pieza numero (include the six zeros) on the above mentioned website and hit the button to recover a password.  The password has just now been emailed to us.  Thank you all for your assistance!

Joyce

The password comes in an email usually within minutes of applying at INM. It is not on the form and has not been for some time.

1 hour ago, Sonia said:

The password comes in an email usually within minutes of applying at INM. It is not on the form and has not been for some time.

Thanks Sonia. Either the email got by me somehow or it wasn't sent. Using my email address to recover my password doesn't work either so maybe they don't have my email address. No big deal. 

31 minutes ago, JimnJoyce said:

Lost dog.  It is not your email address you use to recover the password.  It is the number at the top of the form (receipt) that they gave you.  Joyce

Here is the password recovery page. It asks for the number you describe and an email address to send a new password. My number and email address doesn't work for this option.

Follow-up of proceedings

Data of the piece

To recover your password enter the part number and mail that you registered in your request.

Piece * :
Email * :

Hit the link shown above by Herm and this is what you will see.  After entering your Pieza, hit the "Olvide mi contrasena button", enter your Pieza number again and your email address.  They will then tell you that they will send you a new password.

Seguimiento de trámite

Datos de la pieza

Pieza*:
Contraseña*:
* Campos obligatorios
Buscar

21 minutes ago, JimnJoyce said:

Hit the link shown above by Herm and this is what you will see.  After entering your Pieza, hit the "Olvide mi contrasena button", enter your Pieza number again and your email address.  They will then tell you that they will send you a new password.

Seguimiento de trámite

Datos de la pieza

Pieza*:
Contraseña*:
* Campos obligatorios
Buscar

That's what I have done numerous times. (My post of the page is auto-translated to English). No go.

• 2 years later...

Can someone help me with the different status that I get while processing the FM3 card. Currently I have registered the procedure in INM and I have got the NUT letter and the password to check the statuses. My current statuses are "El Tramite ha sido registrado" -> " Ha sido asignado el tipo de tramite" ->  "Un Pago ha sido registrado" . What would be the next status and when I need to go to INM office for next process.