Chapala.com Webboard

Brisas de Chapala

I would also love general feedback on Brisas.  Is it "fairly" quiet?  Dependable water, septic issues, how long a drive to get to Ajijic, etc.  Thanking you in advance!

http://brisasdechapala.weebly.com/

We have a friend who built a lovely home there.  Very suburban but seems very quiet and a lot of the homes have great views.  Very reasonable home prices. 

They didn't indicate any problem with utilities.  I believe the homes there use septic.

The entrance is just north of the libremiento junction so it is a pretty fast run into Ajijic.  Chapala is even closer. 

If I wanted a more rural setting I'd definitely give this place a look.  It reinstituted security a couple years back, a plus IMO.

We have lived in a custom built home in Brisas de Chapala for 10 years. You can hear highway noise from  our house, higher up in the frac.  not so much.  We have a well in the frac, water comes to our house every day. Each house has a septic system. Dues are 750 per month which includes 24 hr guards, water, street lights etc. It takes us 7 minutes to get to Walmart unless you are behind a very slowly moving vehicle on the libramiento.  25 minutes to the airport.   5 minutes more or less to Soriana.  9.6 average internet speed.

We like the views, mountain and lake from every window of our house. What more can I say, we love it here.

2 hours ago, ibarra said:

We have lived in a custom built home in Brisas de Chapala for 10 years. You can hear highway noise from  our house, higher up in the frac.  not so much.  We have a well in the frac, water comes to our house every day. Each house has a septic system. Dues are 750 per month which includes 24 hr guards, water, street lights etc. It takes us 7 minutes to get to Walmart unless you are behind a very slowly moving vehicle on the libramiento.  25 minutes to the airport.   5 minutes more or less to Soriana.  9.6 average internet speed.

We like the views, mountain and lake from every window of our house. What more can I say, we love it here.

What internet service do you use?

One Canadian woman (Ms. Parker) has 3 or 4 homes for sale due to age and declining health. On the back street, the last house at west end is priced very well and includes a pool. It is maybe 5 years old. She may consider financing one or more of them.

We had contemplated buying it as a rental. When we lived at lakeside and even times since always considered Brisas as being best for us.

Archived