Chapala.com Webboard

Internet - Telecable has horrible service

SYSY

Hi All,

This won't be news to those of you that have Telecable, but if you don't, avoid it. 

They have - in their own words - totally oversubscribed the service for the equipment they have at Lakeside. Basically, they have too many customers for the system they have.

Their method of dealing with it is simple - they simply dump you offline when the network gets overloaded. This makes it almost impossible to stream anything and Skype calls get dropped as well.

I know the technicians - who are happy to "fix" it for a fee - a fix that does not work, so don't call them  (good luck with that too) unless you have no service at all. According to them, the fix mean buying a new and expensive piece of equipment to handle more connections and a better link to GDL - this costs money, so... nope.

While I was paying my bill yesterday, they told me all this while at the same time they had a lady sitting there just ready to sign up new subscribers. So, they give zero "f__ks" about you.

Try calling them - ask for sales - it goes right thru and you get a helpful person to sign you up and take your money - then call tech support and go into the black hole of waiting forever - they frequently just disconnect you.

I don't have a choice, but you do and unfortunately, it's not good - Telmex is slow and even slower to fix problems.

Good luck out there!

Sysy

TelMex isn't the fastest but it has steadily improved the reliability and the speed of service in our locale since we've been here.  In recent years we've been able to stream TV reliably which was definitely not the case during our first years here.

I think with all of the local internet services here location impacts reliability and speed greatly.

It's true telecable has steadily declined over the last few years.   It is now completely unusable after 5:00PM due to too many users.   Telmex has a waiting list.   LTE works great but is expensive and most plans limit hotspot data so you will run out of data if you stream video.

I love my Telmex!  Plenty fast enuf for me and I have my busy moments!

Wow, they have a list now... 

One thing they DO have is good customer service, but you have to go in person down to the office.  Phone will get you nowhere.  When on hold for service techs, you get endless sales pitches about fabulous stuff you ought to buy, which really annoys me when I'm calling to complain about fabulous stuff not working.  Pffft!  <_<

Glad I finally got off my A$$ & went down to the office.  Talk to Rosie Rodriguez.  She's one of the managers & will get you sorted quick as & you'll soon be back about your business.

Took her a chocolate soap to show my appreciation for her efforts (made my move transition so much smoother - it was ready & tested out before I even arrived).  She blushed to the roots of her hair & said it was not necessary, etc. 

But I'm a firm believer that good service should be rewarded!  :wub:

My Telmex performance is better than what I got via satellite in the US & that cost me $119USD per month; Telmex is just $30. 

6 hours ago, LakeViews said:

It's true telecable has steadily declined over the last few years.   It is now completely unusable after 5:00PM due to too many users.   Telmex has a waiting list.   LTE works great but is expensive and most plans limit hotspot data so you will run out of data if you stream video.

Waiting list for houses which have never had a TelMex line?  Waiting list for houses with existing TelMex line to house, but no existing TelMex service?

1 hour ago, LakeViews said:

In my case, there was a waiting list for me - I have no prior Telmex phone number and no prior phone line.   Results may vary by area, I am in the RC.

LV, you wrote, "...there WAS a waiting list..."   May I ask, are you still waiting, and if so for how long, or if you've won the phone line lottery, how long it took.  I ask because phone lines are just being installed in the neighborhood where I have a lot, about a km due west of the RC, and I may not build until adequate internet becomes available.  Thanks. 

We did not add our name to the Telmex list.   I added unlimited LTE data to my TMobile cellphone which works great, however my plan limits hotspot data to 14 gigs per month.   I ate through that in about 10 days of streaming video.  We will likely go get on the Telmex list now that I see that LTE isn't a great permanent solution.

Archived