Chapala.com Webboard

Ayuntamento de Chapala demands Construction permit

I'm up North until late June and my house sitter/security guard discovered a document from the Chapala City Hall demanding I show them proof of getting a permit and paying for the permit allowing me to do construction on my house, They left the same document on my next door neighbors house as well.

The last time I had any construction done was in 2007-8 and all permits were paid for and inspections were completed.  How do I know? Because the Municipality demanded to see the same paperwork maybe 7 years ago (a year or two after the work was done)

My problem is that I will not be able to dig out the required documents until a return in late June, And considering all the records I have I would not ask nor want anyone else going through those records until I return.

What do I do? Do I have to fly back early before I get my annual physical and complete my personal IRS taxes, or can I calm down and simply find the required documents once I return home (Ajijic)? Thanks in advance for any advice you might have.

Signed Worried :)

Also check Spencer's facebook page.  Do you have anyone who can get it to him?  We got something similar a week ago and it turns out it is some sort of scam being pulled off, possibly by Chapala government employees.

Tell your gardener not to let them in under any circumstance.

Thank you both for your great answers. I found Spencer's comments on the other board and I shall be doing as you and Spencer has recommended,

In short no one is to speak to them nor let them in the property.

This is a scam as the legal foundation is false and the supposed authority asking only audits governments or those who receive government funds.  In theory the people doing this can and should be arrested by the police as they are using false pretexts and fake information in flagrancia.  People need to stand up and shame the government into stopping their petty scams and demand those who are scamming go to jail and lose their jobs or else they will keep scamming and business as usual. 

We were told people should say: No debemos brindar la documentación que nos solicitan que demos dar respuesta en atención al oficio aclarando que NO tenemos relación comercial con el ayuntamiento y que por ende NO se le atribuye la facultad en representación de la Auditoria Superior de requerir los documentos, y solicitar que se envie COPIA PARA LA Auditoria Superior, las facultades de la Auditoria Superior vienen en el articulo 35bis de la Constitución Política del Estado de Jalisco

Art. 35 Bis. La revisión y auditoría pública de la cuenta pública y de los estados
financieros de las entidades a las que se refiere el siguiente párrafo, es una
facultad soberana, inalienable e imprescriptible del Congreso del Estado; el cual
se apoya para tales efectos en la Auditoría Superior, que es un organismo técnico,
profesional y especializado, de revisión y examen del Poder Legislativo, dotado
con autonomía técnica y de gestión, con personalidad jurídica, patrimonio propio y
capacidad de decisión, integrado por personal profesional, seleccionado por
oposición, bajo el régimen de servicio profesional de carrera.
La Auditoría Superior, en el ejercicio de sus atribuciones, puede decidir sobre su
organización interna, funcionamiento y resoluciones, en los términos que disponga
la ley.
Corresponde a la Auditoría Superior del estado de Jalisco la revisión de las
cuentas públicas y estados financieros de:
I. Los poderes Ejecutivo, Legislativo y Judicial;
II. Los organismos públicos autónomos;
III. La Universidad de Guadalajara y los demás organismos públicos
descentralizados, empresas de participación estatal mayoritaria y fideicomisos
públicos del Poder Ejecutivo;
IV. Los ayuntamientos, organismos públicos, descentralizados, empresas de
participación municipal mayoritaria y fideicomisos públicos municipales.
También será objeto de la revisión de la Auditoría Superior del estado de Jalisco,
en los términos de la ley, cualquier persona o entidad pública o privada que reciba
o maneje recursos públicos.

Intercasa Are they doing this to Mexicans as well.. On our street the people with foreign names were the ones who were hit..to forget oi.

I spoke to a notary that I was seeing on something else and he told me they are trying to see who did remodelling without permit and get money from people. He told me to go over there and tell them I am not remodelling and tell them 

I am going there tomorrow, I will have you letter as a back up..iI will be interested to hear what they have to say..

Johanson they are asking for certified copies of 7 different documents which they should have anyways.. copies of predial copies of original permit for construction of the house

copies of original contracts for water sewer 

permit for remodelling  

copy or escritura and so on..

Of course at the end they tell you you will be fine if you do not comply.

And then people wonder why some of us are down on this government....

trash.JPG

Last week's non trash pickup in my neighborhood.

We followed Spencer's advice when they tried this one on us and haven't seen hide nor hair of these Chapala "public servants" since then.  We copied what he provided and pasted it to the front door.

Why the picture?  Because it is all part of the same problem along with the potholes, the unswept streets, the unenforced zoning and the rampant abuse of the community by concert promoters.

All the same problem with the same root cause.  Our own version of Tammany Hall.

Thank you Spencer for shining light on this scam and helping the community resist.  

Once again, all of it is a manifestation of the same problem with the same source.  In the vernacular, I believe that is referred to as "the big picture."

I left out that ugly scar above Plaza Laguna and those high rises in La Floresta.

Enjoy.

it is part of the big picture. artical written in '03: plans to bring guad to ajijic fast food chains stores eventos tour busses enjoy paradise. peaceful traditional mex village. what ever. those who choose quality of life may want to consider this prediction.

3 hours ago, Mainecoons said:

Once again, all of it is a manifestation of the same problem with the same source.  In the vernacular, I believe that is referred to as "the big picture."

I left out that ugly scar above Plaza Laguna and those high rises in La Floresta.

Enjoy.

I am sure that this not what Pete wanted to know ( he got an answer from Spencer) This comment is way out of what he was asking. Pete lives in Ajijic for long time and I assume that he knows the big picture very well. .:rolleyes: 

Hijacking a topic is not a good idea. Where is moderator-2 when you need him?

Yes, every moderator here also posts here.  As they do on every other site I participate in.  It has always been the case here as long as I can remember, about 10 years.

Also some I don't but know of such as Inside Lakeside and MexConnect.  On some sites, moderators post using the same handle they use when moderating.  We do not.  

Might want to get used to it and stop bringing it up.  It looks like this complaint is more about not liking the opinions expressed and some of us not being able to handle views they don't like. 

Topic is extortionate activity by the local government.  I'm simply pointing out it is simply part of the larger picture of local corruption..  Why anyone defends this bunch is a mystery to me but you are entitled to your opinion Pedro.  And I'm entitled to mine.

What we don't do here is discuss/attack each other personally.  So please move on.  If you don't have anything further to discuss on the topic, you can ask me or another moderator to close it. 

Thanks.

Yes thank you all for your feedback. I have calmed down and am no longer in panic mode. I have tons records, I learned to never destroy any receipt no matter how old. Having live lakeside some 20 years, I have several overflowing filing cabinets holding years of receipts.

I would like to thank Spencer and others posting here and those of you who sent me PMs for all of the great info

Have a great day say I in  a sometimes sunny Seattle

Thank you for asking and I respectfully say it's up to you. I would hope that we leave it open for a very short time longer hoping that there will be other helpful posts to help the general community. And if it turns out to be wondering into bad mouthing and other negative posts that you close it.

Well it is your thread so it is up to you.  Let's see if we can get a report from bmh when he/she goes in there.  I hope that isn't a mistake, we were strongly advised not to give them any validation by participating in this scam in any way.

A client called me when these guys arrived and he passed the phone to me and I told them they were participating in fraud and they said they are there due to an audit and I said the agency only audits governments and they are participating in potential criminal acts and they said ok bye and gave the phone back to the client and walked away fast.

Archived