Chapala.com Webboard

Hotel Ciudad Victoria

We used to stay at the Ramada when it took two days to make the drive.  With all the highway improvements, we make the run in a single day 10.5 hours from here to the border.

There aren't any hotels directly on or very near the route.  You have to go into town.

Leave here at 6 AM, easily be at the border between 4 and 5 PM assuming you take the direct route and do not go via Monterrey.  PM me if you want the latest edition of my directions.

You're welcome.  The Ramada has secure underground parking.  There is a hotel on the south edge of town we stayed at once.  From the bypass you turn left at the intersection on the bypass marked towards Ciudad Victoria.  It is a ways up on the left.  We stayed there and then just backtracked to the bypass rather than drive through town.  I think that was the last time we bothered to stop rather than driving straight through.  At that time it took 11-12 hours to make the run.  My last time, was 10 hrs 15 minutes from the Mexican side of the bridge and that was before the San Luis Potosi bypass or the new Macrolibremiento opened up.

I suspect the time through SLP will be a wash as I was pretty good at making the straight through run.  However the Macrolibremiento will save 10-15 minutes I believe.  I'll be updating everything when we make the run again in late September.

The Ramada is in centro, east side of the Plaza.  There's also a Best Western a couple blocks away.  A very nice Holiday Inn Express on the north side of town.  

If you like an old fashioned hotel at an economcal price, also with secure & guarded parking.....We used to use the Hotel Sierra Gorda on the square in Centro. There was a good restaurant, but others were also available in the other hotels mentioned above.

Yes, that one is on the south side of the Plaza.  Considerably more economical but a little too basic for our tastes.

We're just more comfortable getting through Tamps in daylight only as quickly as possible.  If you make the run on Sundays, the traffic is really light and there are considerably fewer trucks.  Start early though because after 5PM getting through the U.S. customs can be a bit slow.

Archived